Unexpected Customer....

Tara

We are having some home improvements done with this company and gave a huge $7,000 deposit and haven't heard from them since This was 2 1/2 months ago. I have made phone call after phone with no one returning my calls..so today I call them and tell them if I don't have an answer today as to when I can expect some one to atleast come out and measure(we are having all new windows put in with hurricane protection) for the windows then I want our $ back. Well within 20 minutes the owner/manager calls and says he will be by tomorrow afternoon and apologizes to no end. Then tonight he shows up to measure!!! of course I am so happy I feel like I am finally getting somewhere. So hes measuring for the windows and my DH tells him about my candles and he walks away with $150 worth!!! You never know where you might pick up a new customer and my DH is so good at selling my stuff. Anyway I will get my new windows and slider put in in 10 days. I am so happy. All we have left to do is tear down our patio and then they will be back to do our Florida room:smiley2:

I wish I had your patience. I would have been on the phone with the Attorney General's office complaining of contractor fraud/theft. Why should you have to wait 10 days for your windows. He's had 2 - 1/2 months, I think they should install them tomorrow.

How did this man pay for his candles? With cash (part of your $7,000 no doubt)? I hope he didn't write a check!

I don't mean to rain on your parade. I'm glad it made you're happy. Hearing stuff about businesses taking advantage of people just makes my blood boil.

Know it has been hard to get any work done in FL with all the damage from last year's hurricanes and the ones you have had already this year. Glad you got a candle sale out of it.

Maybe you could recover some of the cost of your new windows by renting out your DH. I sure could use him for my show in mid Sept. LOL

You just never know do ya?! Today my brother (Mr. Strong and Silent) asks me what I would charge for "one of those bear things you make" Meaning one of my wax dipped critters. Seems he was telling his neighbor lady about them. I seriously about fainted. I didn't think he really even noticed them, let alone thought enough of them to speak about them to other people! I was touched, and thrilled, and shocked to say the least! :P Congratulations on your unexpected customer!!