Aquarium Soap

Alajane

Someone posted instructions on the old board to make these soaps. Unfortunately, I didn't keep her name, but want to thank her for the help--I made these last night for the first time and love them! (Of course, mine aren't nearly as pretty as hers, but should improve with practice.)

post-578-139458378085_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it takes more time than the bag (at least for me) because you have to mix up the "sand" soap, pour it (and keep the clamshell or mold propped up) and put the seagrass stuff in, then let that set up until you can pour the clear. (Did that sound whiny??) I had the fish in bags down to a pretty quick technique, and this will probably get faster as I do more.

I do love these clamshells--but if they sell, I think I'll order the 3-oz instead of 5-oz next time. The 5-oz soap is a little large for me to hold, so I feel like it will be too large for kids.

Those are darling!! I think they would be easier for kids than the bagged ones (still can't figure out how they would work???). :DYes, please post instructions/recipe for these,when you can. :)I think those would sell really well.Oh and where did you get the clamshells like that?

I got the clamshells at Majestic Mountain Sage (also a tip from someone on this board--I can do nothing alone!). They come in both 3 oz and 5 oz size and since it was my first time to try them, I went with the 5 oz in case some of the embeds were too large. Well, some were too large for 5 oz anyway! (I embedded some dinosaurs but they look so plain next to these because all I put was the dinosaurs--I may try some using some of this "sand" mixture and foliage.)

That was my first time ordering from MMS but I was very satisfied with my order and shipping time.

HTH,

Jane