shrink wrap machine

I was given one of these and want to use it on my pillars, the company suggested I buy 10" film, but they do have 6". I want to be as efficient as possible and really have no idea what the candle will look like when done. I am concered about the bottom lying flat, I don't like how the candles sit in the cello bags, not always real flat. Does anyone use one of these and can give me some tips and send me pictures of what they do with it? If you want to see what I am talking about www.atwmfg.com I have the PW27

thanks

Wow what a nice gift.

The size of the skrink wrap tubing depends on the diameter of the pillar. I have 4", 6" and 8". I use the 4 for votives and the 6 for little pots that I do. The 8 is what I use for the wally world hearts. I have not used it for pillars yet.

Now I would think that they (the pillars) will sit flat. I know for the votives they do. I would recommend that you start playing with them and here are a few hints.

You want the seams on the top and bottom so use the smallest size you can - just remember to leave some room to shrink. Also poke holes so the shrink wrap does not burst.

Turn the pillar on it's top.

Start heating bottom first - when it has skrunk - turn it completely over. Heat the top. The reason is that the wrap will pull towards the heat source. If you start with the sides the seams will come over to the sides and mess them up - at least I think so.

It takes some patience and pratice - I did melt a couple votives when I first started. Just keep the heat source away from the candle and always moving.

I hope this helps.

Ok since I don't have one of those awesome machines there isn't much I can add other then... sheesh who are you friends with? What an awesome gift.... sure hope you get that figured out soon though, so you can start using it and showing us what a great job it does shrink wrapping your products. :)

HUGS

I personally like the seams on the top and bottom so that I can cover them with my labels. The seams on the sides are very hard to keep straight and I think that they detract from the overall look. It is just my personal opinion - once you start playing you will see what I mean.

HTH,

I personally like the seams on the top and bottom so that I can cover them with my labels. The seams on the sides are very hard to keep straight and I think that they detract from the overall look. It is just my personal opinion - once you start playing you will see what I mean.

HTH,

You aren't kidding, I have shrinked wrapped everything I can get my hands on. The shrink wrap he gave me with the machine is 15" wide and its just too big, so I am wasting a bunch and I have a professional heat gun that I think gets too hot because if I am not careful I get holes at the seams. I had no clue how to use it and the owner of the company called me back and helped me get started, that was kind of unbelievable, seeing that I wasn't spending any $$$. But I am thinking about putting the label on the front instead of the top so that on store shelves they will see the scent name and put the directions on the bottom.

Mine have seams on three sides since this is a roll and not a tube, can't figure how to include a pic with the new site :(

can't figure how to include a pic with the new site :(

Below where you click submit reply, there is another section for pictures. Click on manage attachments. A new window will pop up. Browse to the picture you want. Then click upload and wait until it's done. It'll show the file name. Close the window. Back where the manage attachment button is, click that submit reply. HTH