Strawberry Daiquiri Burn ?

sharyl55

I tested the strawberry daiquiri made with ice cubes. Had a 1/8" layer of gel / wax left in the glass. Based on what I had read on the old board about having a layer of gel left on the container for safety thought this was probably OK.

Now I've made a whipped strawberry daiquiri using MD gel and 6228. The candle had burned for 18 hrs when I took this picture. I have close to 1/2" of whipped wax left on the sides of this cactus glass. Using a large gelwix wick that I bought off the classified.

Questions

1. Are the gelwixs a waste of money? Would plain old zinc wicks be a better investment for gel candles?

2. Isn't this too much of a layer to be left in a candle?

Thanks for your help. It's gotten me this far in understanding the mysteries of gel.

post-195-13945837807_thumb.jpg

You most likely will have to go up a bit in your wicking but as it has gel wax in it I prefer to error on the side of caution. So burn it all the way. Oh and as to the gel wicks, I don't like any thing that says small, medium and large for candle making. I want exact information for my candle making.