Simple Beginner Soap Recipe

Crafty1_AJ

• 3 weeks later...

No, I have not been on the TOG forum, but have heard from people on here that their molds do leak. I have only done 4 batches and so far no leaks. I did order 2 molds from Upland after I heard scary things about TOG.

Rae

Rae were you on the TOG forum also?? Did you hear anything about the liners leaking & turning yellow after a few uses??

• 3 months later...

I used this recipe and added some oatmeal and honey...I LOVE IT! The lather is amazing, my skin feels so soft and with only oatmeal and honey it has a faint scent and really nice color. It's prefect for me as a beginner because it's simple and my first attempt was perfect! I also tried it and added pumpkin puree...that one's been curing for a few weeks because I didn't discount water so it was really soft but now...I can't wait to try it out as well! :)

• 2 years later...

Thank you for this recipe! Made my first batch of CP using this one and already the soap is super rich and lathery after 1 week of curing. It was so nice I had to pull a soap out of the batch to play with!! LOL I also lowered the OO by 5% and replaced it with castor. Can't wait to see how it lathers a month from now!!

• 3 years later...

I forgot to mention that I chose these ingredients because of what they add to the finished soap bar.  In a well-balanced bar of handmade soap, you want a hard bar, one that's bubbly and cleansing, and one that's not too harsh.  Olive oil is key for its conditioning properties when saponified, palm or lard helps make the bar harder and longer lasting, and coconut contributes cleansing and lathering properties to a soap recipe.  

• Like 1

Well its good to see you posting again AJ! I hope you stick around. People here can sure use your soaping expertise. This Is a super duper lovely basic soap recipe. I still use it today and it was what got me started soaping. Another great thing about it is all the ingredients you can get locally.

• Like 1