? about labeling weight of total candle

Okay, I'm starting to think about making labels for my candles. My question is how do you determine what weight to put on the jar. Example, I have a apothecary jar 16oz stated on packing but when using calculator actual amount of wax is 14.94oz. Another 16oz keepsake jar is actually 11.61oz of wax. So, if it is suppose to be 16oz but I'm putting in a different amount of wax...which is the correct weight to put on the label? Hope I'm making sense. LOL I'm assuming that the manufacturers are putting 16oz if it is filled to the rim with fluid liquid. TIA for any input on this!

Deronda

You put the actual net wt. of the wax. It has nothing to do with the manufacturers rated size, or your 'calculated' amount of wax. It's the weight of the wax inside the jar, not the volume.

To determine your net wt., weigh your finished candle (no lid), then weigh just an empty jar (again, no lid). subtract the empty jar weight from the finished weight, the remainder is your net wt. HTH.

Yes, I do round down myself. My candle jars contain 7 oz. of wax by weight, but I put 6.9 oz. on the label in case there's a little glitch in my scale or I'm a tiny bit off on how much I pour into the jar, etc. Gives me a little leeway.