My first party!

Well, I did it! Friday night I gave my first candle party hosted by my stepsister and her cousin. We expected about 15 people, but only 5 showed up. I made $110, not bad I don't think. I am so glad I did it. I learned alot and got experience displaying my items. Oh, and I got another party booked from this one, so that is good too. Just wanted to share!

Sorry, didn't take any pictures :( I forgot my camera. TLC: I wasn't sure what to take, so I just took everything I had. This was a pain loading and unloading, but since it was my first I had no clue what to expect. I did cash and carry, but told them they could order something if I didn't have it out. They didn't order, but asked me if at my next party I could have the items in stock, and I told them I would. At my party next month, I will probably just take my most popular scents, and maybe a few of the others. The party followed in line with my other orders as far as what scents and sizes sold the most. Best sellers: Pink Sugar and Clean Cotton Favorite Sizes: 8oz tins and 8oz jelly jars. It was very interesting to me to watch everyone. They smelled EVERYTHING at least twice before deciding :)

Yep congrats on your first party.. you will become more organized and more of a saleperson as you go along..I think I have sold just about everything there is to sell at home parties.. and what I think is great is playing Booking games.. that is one of the most important things about home parties besides your sales...and one other thing is that about only one third of the guest do show up.. I think you did a great job for your first party.... :D

Cathy