Air Fresheners Question

Good post, i have been wanting to try some of these bags, to use up some of the Fo's i got burnt on at a place, thought they might be ok to play around with on these bags, but haven't beeen able to find some corn cob to test, but i did see the cat littter moonrose was talking about, if its the same they look like blue & white crystals/ beads.

I purchase my corn cob bedding from a local feed store in large quantity, however I've been told you can get it at your local Walmart. I use the 3x4 muslin bags & I purchase those from Uline.com, cheaper than most places I've shopped for muslin bags....the strings aren't as long as I'd like for them to be...still looking for bags with a longer string :sad2: . Have fun...Also you can use the cute organza bags as well and sell them as linen drawer/air fresheners, my customers like those also, I retail them for $1.99.

Mamafe

HTH

mamafe.gif

Hey Hawaii,

I forget the name of the pearls at wally world, but they are just like these.

I got these for my kitty this time, but you can get them cheaper yet at Wally world..:D

l@@k.. http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products/KW/C45/Class/Cat+Supplies+Litter/T1/C45+0134+0002/EDP/24026/Itemdy00.aspx

Hey Moonrose64

Would ya pretty please add a little F/O to beads and let us know the results? Hmmm, I read the info on the website and as the old saying goes the dumbest questions are the best LOL...

The real great news is that this amazing litter product inhibits bacteria growth, absorbs all odor and makes your cat's litter dry to the touch!

When I read this my mind wondered if it absorbs odor from cat litter and kills the smell what would be the results with the F/O. Okkkkkk, LOL...oil verses cat urine is totally different LOL but my mind went there...in terms of would it absorb the F/O.

Thanks

Mamafe

mamafe.gif

have used cat litter...the el cheapo clay... doesnt hold the scent long enough for me... the completely crystal kind(which is pricey) and teh hard clumping kind do well IMO, and if you can find the all natural PELLET kind unscented..(some come with a cedar or pine scent) they work AWESOME!! they are made of some kinda plant cellulose.

I

The best thing that I have found and it lasts much longer than anything else I've EVER used is Rock Salt. The salt that you use to make homemade ice cream. Yup,,,,,,,works great! Portia

Wowwwwwwwww, Portia, thanks for the tip...hmmmm interesting. What else have you used? Have you used the corn cob? I am going to the store ASAP to get some rock salt and test it...Did you package the fresheners or use the rock salt in a container? I'm curious as heck lol...

Thanks again for the tip.

Mamafe

mamafe.gif

This has nothing to do with air fresheners, but the last post sent me searching for rock salt and it's properties...LOL...I'm just anal like that LOL. At any rate on the Morton salt site I found household hints using salt and I'm sitting here with my mouth open because I didn't know household salt could be used for so many things...so I'm sharing the link :)

http://www.mortonsalt.com/consumer/household/patches.htm

Mamafe

mamafe.gif

• Like 1

On the infamous "corn cob" threads on the old board, several people said they buy vermiculite in the garden section and it lasts longer than the corn cob. This was a long thread, so I apologize if someone else already said this; I skimmed through and didn't see it.

Hi Everyone!!!

Sorry I didn't get back about the kitty litter. Been so much going on.

But I'm back with good news!!!!

I put both the aroma beads and kitty pearls side by side.

Not a whole lotta difference in size.

I used the scent on both. The kitty pearls soaked that scent up great and quick.

Been 4 days now and it smells great. I am going to use this if the scent stays long.

Looks promising so far......

Hope that sheds some light on the litter for ya's....

And my kitty loves smelling it too. lol :laugh2:

Luckily she can't fit in the jar to use it!!!!!!:shocked2:

Whodathunk We would be stealing our kitty's litter? hehe

I have used the corn cob alone and have mixed it with pet bedding and I have used the aroma beads and so far, none of them have compared to the Rock Salt for lasting. I have packaged it in smelly jelly jars (colored that is), sachet bags and the cloth bags, they all work fine. I hung a bag of it scented Halston in my walkin closet and I swear after 3 months, you cold still smell it. JMO,,,,,,,HTH Portia

• Like 1

what specifically are the kitty litter pearls brand name etc...? I havent seen these, and I have 3 cats!

Hi Everyone!!!

Sorry I didn't get back about the kitty litter. Been so much going on.

But I'm back with good news!!!!

I put both the aroma beads and kitty pearls side by side.

Not a whole lotta difference in size.

I used the scent on both. The kitty pearls soaked that scent up great and quick.

Been 4 days now and it smells great. I am going to use this if the scent stays long.

Looks promising so far......

Hope that sheds some light on the litter for ya's....

And my kitty loves smelling it too. lol
:laugh2:

Luckily she can't fit in the jar to use it!!!!!!
:shocked2:

Whodathunk We would be stealing our kitty's litter? hehe

geez... this is so simple its almost funny:laugh2:

I mean look how long smell lasts in bath salts sitting on the shelf for months and months...

I have used the corn cob alone and have mixed it with pet bedding and I have used the aroma beads and so far, none of them have compared to the Rock Salt for lasting. I have packaged it in smelly jelly jars (colored that is), sachet bags and the cloth bags, they all work fine. I hung a bag of it scented Halston in my walkin closet and I swear after 3 months, you cold still smell it. JMO,,,,,,,HTH Portia

I've used the vermiculite too and it does soak up the scent. An up side to the vermiculite is that it's small and soft enough you can sprinkle it on the floor and run the vacuum over it and use it to freshen the vacuum bags. It can also be added to water and used in those simmering potpourri pots.

I use the rock salt too http://www.saltworks.us/shop/category.asp?idCat=2 and those can be used in the liquid potpourri burners and are easily refreshed. ;)

• Like 1

what specifically are the kitty litter pearls brand name etc...? I havent seen these, and I have 3 cats!

Here ya go.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products.../Itemdy00.aspx

Wally World also carries them.

I can't tell you the name off hand but they have it too.

The grocery stores carry it also.

I just get mine from here when I need a bunch of stuff for my pets...

But this will give you the idea. Bet ya seen them and didn't even realize it. Very common now.

I'm also going to try the rock salt..bet that looks pretty with color.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello evryone. I found fresh step at walmart. What I bought is small granules. They did not have the beads. The 8 pound bag was 12.83. From looking on the website that was posted. This material is silica sand. I will keep ya all posted as to my findings.

Kyle

Yay! i finally got me some corn cob ( just oped a super walmart close to me) and a bag of rock salt, i;m going make them same day and see which one last longer, my question is for those that use the salt do you put the same amount of fo in the salt as the instructions from bitter creek says to put in the corn cob ones ? thanks

I have a couple of batchs of rock salt and it's been 10 days and it's still wet. I started out with 4:1 ratio salt/fo and had to keep adding salt now i'm up to 8:1 lol

It's still a lil wet and stained my muslim bag but the scent rocks. It's super strong in my office. Now to see how long it holds up.

At this ratio and the cost of 4lbs salt $1.29 here so probably way cheaper in the states, it's cheaper than aroma beads. I can save my beads for my ornies :D

It takes forever to absorve but it holds the scent great. Oh I used mandarin plum in one batch and blue berry muffin in the other. I also did a mix with corn cob and salt, and it absorved faster.

I have a couple of batchs of rock salt and it's been 10 days and it's still wet.

I've got a small jar of rock salt that I made up a couple days ago. I wonder, does it actually absorb the fo all the way through, like the beads? Mine are still wet too. If yours are after 10 days, I guess I'm jumping the gun worrying after just a couple.... :laugh2:

Another thought... if they stay wet too long, will they start to disolve?