Emulsified Body Butter

cindym

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad you guys like this , I am making it every week, everyone loves it, it is easy to make, I have made it with shea, mango, and even olive butter. I have not had a bad batch yet. As far a heat, it does not affect it as much as it does shea butters and the like, but I wouldn't ship it in the summer.

going on skin feel, i think olive kinda stays slick on the skin more than jojoba or fco. like I think those two are not the best massage oil cause they solk right in.

not sure about the others.

If you use the T-50 Vitamin E then it is a good antioxidant, but even so you can only do so much. Regular preservatives protect against bacterial and mold growth but don't do much for aged oils.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay Cindym... I sent you a pm on this regarding the Liqua Par Optima stuff.. I have Germaben II on hand.. it is for recipes with 25% or less in "oil phase".. Since I am new at this, I am not quite sure if just the oils and butters are considered the "oil phase" or if the stearic and e wax is included. Thanks for any help on this one!

Teri

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to give a great big shout out for this recipe! I LOVE it! I subbed out some of the ingredients. This is a wonderful thick cream.. I can't say enough about how fabulous it feels on the skin! Here is what I did:

15.6 ozs Water

1.5 ozs Stearic

1.5 ozs E-wax (I used the conditioning version from The Herbarie)

7.5 ozs Avocado Oil

3 ozs Shea Butter

.3 ozs Fo (Amazing Grace - Philosophy Dupe)

.3 ozs Liquid Par Optima

.15 ozs Vit E

.15 ozs Dry Flo

Thanks for a great recipe that I can't wait to share will everyone!

Teri

I'm going to give this a try. I was wondering does it get really soft sitting out at room temp like regular body butter does or does it stay the same consistency? Would I need to keep what I'm not using in the frig or can I just leave it out in jars? Has anyone tried adding sugar or salt to this to make a scrub? Sorry for all the questions but everyone sounds so happy with it and I'm looking for a good recipe that I'm not going to have to worry about the butters melting in warm weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Just have a question about this recipe...could anyone please help me with the steps? I know cindy mentioned that bunny had lotion making instructions with her body butter and after reading them Im still confused...guess Im not sure what I need to do with the water?

I realize everyones time here is valuable...thanks so much in advance. Im a nurse and I would like to make this for a patient of mine whom I love dearly.:)

Gina