Attendees: Ohio Candle Conference

OMG - I absolutely love it! That is such a hoot! Deb hope you had a wonderful time - sounds like you all did! We are getting ready for the Texas conference and since it is my 1st I am not sure what to expect....thanks for the (very) brief glimpse from you all!! Don't know whether to be scared or excited.....lol:p

Debbie

Your going to have a fantastic time with the gang your hanging with. I am sure Sherie and Scented will guarantee that. :wink2: I have hung out with Scented both here where I live and at the Chicago conference last year and we had such fun. Plus you have Sherie too? It doesn't get much better.

Edited to add... let's not forget Bun Bun! I forgot she was in TX now. Silly me. (wink wink)

Oh make no mistake. Deb is wild as all get out.

But I am sure you already know that. LMAO!! :shocked2:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debbie....You'll have a great time, don't worry! It's amazing how wild these people really are...LOL!! I can't remember the last time I've laughed (ok, and talked..LOL) like I did this weekend. Just be prepared for lots of laughs and very little sleep!

Corence and Debbie.....this was my first conference, too. I was so apprehensive that I even had second thoughts about going and ended up arriving quite late. :embarasse Now I can kick myself for doing that!!! I learned a lot, bought a lot, and felt like it was Christmas with the goodie bags and door prizes! Everyone was so warm and helpful. My fears were immediately allayed! My daughter had a fantastic time. She’s such a people person. I don’t do B&B but, after this conference, she’s hooked! You better bet I won’t be late next year!!! :D

I quite honestly cannot believe the group of ladies that seem to think that they were angels. I quite honestly think that Tabitha and I were the best behaved of the bunch. You all would of been lost without us. We tried like the dickens to keep everyone else on their best behavior, but lordy, these ladies can dictate some peer pressure :shocked2: They were trying to get me and Tabitha to do things that we NEVER would of thought of doing! I could not believe the way they behaved :P

For those that do not know me, I am quite full of shit :D Although, they would of been lost without us, and their tummies probably wouldn't of hurt so bad :D

I had a wonderful time getting to see Kim, Ginger, Terri, and Leslie again. And I had a blast getting to meet Debbie and Tabitha for the first time! I can't wait till I get to see everyone again! I haven't laughed that hard in I don't know how long! And don't worry ladies, all your secrets are safe with me ;)

While I admit, that we did have a good time and lots of laughter, we also had our serious times. I believe Heather's underwear comment was part of our "What I Can Do to Save Our Environment" discussion. Heather is concerned with water pollution and has made the sacrifice of doing less laundry in order to put less pollution into our water. I applaud her for her contribution to saving the environment.

We also discussed womens issues, the pressures some women deal with, and ways to just let go without stressing about it so much. "Just let it go" became our catch phrase for the weekend and I think that at least a few of us walked away knowing that sometimes it's better to just let it go, rather than letting pressures build up inside until we feel like we will explode.

We discussed our pets, and the importance of good nutrition when it comes to giving our pets snacks. We want them to live long, happy lives!

And we all chipped in and made a charitable contribution to a young mans college fund. I was so proud to be a part of that, and seeing the look of joy on that young mans face.

So yes, we did have fun, but we also had our serious moments when we learned so much about each other. That's what made the whole weekend worthwhile.

P.S. Following in Heather's footsteps...My name is Debbie, and I am also full of shit. :D

Gee, Seems I still missed some of you. I was running around asking "What forum do you post on, Candletech?" Got some weird looks-like what is candletech? I finally stopped asking cause I thought not many CT'ers were there. Did meet most of the ladies at the CT table-Kim, Slow Burn, Wonderfullywicked, Mystic Glow, Deb. Now Iam seeing posts from those I somehow missed. Jecwittm you have to be the lady who sat at our table for the last hour or so-your beautiful daughter won the embroidered bag???

I think a lot of the presentations were geared to newbies-maybe about half of them. Loved the one JAnet did on balloon candles and picture candles. Enjoyed Abbie's on internet sales and your website. Loved the soap demo which unfortunately was last-can't say I learned a lot of new techniques but it was SOOO neat to watch someone else make soap. Everyone won a door prize which is so great. The goodie bags were fabulous. Soap molds, prob 5-6 FO samples in 1 oz size. Some coupons for free orders of 10.00 to 20.00 dollars. Big bag of lavender buds, candle kit for small candle, umbrella, embroidered apron, some organza bags, various small packaging items, some small sniffies of Fo (don't really know why some of the larger companies gave such tiny items sniffies, pens, coupons for small savings on large orders???). I'm sure I'm forgeting some stuff but the bag was awesome. All in All it was a great day and hope to see some more of you next year.

GLo

Yup GLo, that twas us! It means a lot that you noticed and remembered. I’m quite the wall flower and not very self-confident—I’m happy blending into the background. Don’t get me wrong—I love people, but get rather apprehensive in a large group. Now my daughter, on the other hand, is a real people person! (I’m convinced they switched her at birth!) She loves being around people and just thrives on it. I swear, she’d just wither away to nothing if she had to become a cloistered nun!!! In fact, all you ladies and gentlemen at the conference impressed her so much that she’s become an official member of this board! She’s SweetBean and you’ll most likely find her in the B&B and Fragrance sections. She’s quite the B&B addict—if only you could see her bathroom and bedroom! Friends have told her it looks like she has her own personal store!!!

We both can’t wait till next year’s conference! I promise I won’t be late this time!!!:wink2:

Jean

I'm pretty much the wall flower myself, but I was surrounded by family so I kinda cut loose a little. My son & DIL have a way of bringing me out of my shell. If it would have been just me & hubby we would have been a couple bumps on a log. LOL

Glo

Yep that would be my angelic side showing. It seems that the ladies I was with was discussing a late night swim since we forgot our swim suits. And it was realized that I didn't have appropriate attire after all. Didn't realize so many peeps were interested in my undergarments. I will admit that we were completely baffled when we turned around and realized that a gentleman was in front of us. To our utter amazement, he stayed facing forward, and I am still not sure if he was actually following the conversation. He never made any noticable sign that he was. But it does seem that others were........ I dont' like items riding my rear end, but I sure am glad that everyone knows my underwear preference now :highfive:

I think Debbies explanation was very good. We had some great laughs and shared some tears. We learned alot about each other, as well as tricks of the trade. She is quite accurate on her statements about what food best feeds our dogs, our generous donation to that young mans college fund, and did she mention our respect for law enforcement officers? Or how ladies should treat them awkward moments that we all have? We had plenty of serious topics, and the LET IT GO one was one of the best. We realized that it is much easier to let it go than to stay stressed and ruin our time together ;) Friendship and good times was what our weekend was about, and I can honestly say that we mastered our goal :D

Gee, Seems I still missed some of you. I was running around asking "What forum do you post on, Candletech?" Got some weird looks-like what is candletech? I finally stopped asking cause I thought not many CT'ers were there. Did meet most of the ladies at the CT table-Kim, Slow Burn, Wonderfullywicked, Mystic Glow, Deb. Now Iam seeing posts from those I somehow missed. Jecwittm you have to be the lady who sat at our table for the last hour or so-your beautiful daughter won the embroidered bag???

I think a lot of the presentations were geared to newbies-maybe about half of them. Loved the one JAnet did on balloon candles and picture candles. Enjoyed Abbie's on internet sales and your website. Loved the soap demo which unfortunately was last-can't say I learned a lot of new techniques but it was SOOO neat to watch someone else make soap. Everyone won a door prize which is so great. The goodie bags were fabulous. Soap molds, prob 5-6 FO samples in 1 oz size. Some coupons for free orders of 10.00 to 20.00 dollars. Big bag of lavender buds, candle kit for small candle, umbrella, embroidered apron, some organza bags, various small packaging items, some small sniffies of Fo (don't really know why some of the larger companies gave such tiny items sniffies, pens, coupons for small savings on large orders???). I'm sure I'm forgeting some stuff but the bag was awesome. All in All it was a great day and hope to see some more of you next year.

GLo

Yup, that was us! About where were you sitting near us?! I loved meeting everyone at the convention, and everyone at our table was very nice! Thank you for calling me beautiful, not sure if it is true, but it sure did make my day! And I have to agree, the goodie bags were very nice! It was like Christmas in June! :cheesy2:

Yup, that was us! About where were you sitting near us?! I loved meeting everyone at the convention, and everyone at our table was very nice! Thank you for calling me beautiful, not sure if it is true, but it sure did make my day! And I have to agree, the goodie bags were very nice! It was like Christmas in June! :cheesy2:

Bean,

You sat right at our table. Your Mom was right beside my son I think. We didn't get to exchange any info when you guys arrived. I was the one with the goofy dangling soap earrings. The lady behind me won them and didn't do soap so she gave them to me. DS & DIL were embarrassed that I wore them, but that's what parents of grown children are for:p . Payback for the things you did to us when you were growing up!!!

Glo

Oh, I am sure your earrings were cute! I think I remember you all! I don't have the best memory in the world! LOL! Oh, and I am such a sweet angel there is nothing that my Mom will be able to pay me back for! Haha! :rolleyes2

I have to agree with Slow-Burn. She was an angel. At least I am sure the man standing in front of her did when she exclaimed, "Well, I don't wear underwear."

Yes I do believe when he heard that he thought you were heaven sent. :P

Chris

Funny....I recall just me & Heather having that conversation?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?and of course the man in front of us... I guess that will really teach us to be more aware of who is within earshot

Deb you are so right!! ..just let it go!!!!!! I think we should go back down there and make another dontation to that college fund!

I am gonna bring my own handcuffs this time and go find the deputy sheriff

your pets diet is so important..pay attention to thier nutrition

I am so addicted to cherry slushies now!!! yum!!

Hey, Heather...lets go to the grocery store;)

I however, am not full of shit becuase I won't even bother to try to get you guys to believe that I was the proper one of the group. I will let Deb and Ginkay duke that one out!

Sweetbean..were you the young lady with the dragonfly bag??? If so I am the one that commented on it.

... I don't have the best memory in the world! LOL! Oh, and I am such a sweet angel there is nothing that my Mom will be able to pay me back for! Haha! :rolleyes2

Oh, the stories I could tell.....:whistle:

She's right when she says she doesn't have the best memory in the world--I'M the one who's a sweet angel! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

(word to the wise--don't believe either one of us--we're both full of it!)

Funny....I recall just me & Heather having that conversation?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?and of course the man in front of us... I guess that will really teach us to be more aware of who is within earshot

Deb you are so right!! ..just let it go!!!!!! I think we should go back down there and make another dontation to that college fund!

I am gonna bring my own handcuffs this time and go find the deputy sheriff

your pets diet is so important..pay attention to thier nutrition

I am so addicted to cherry slushies now!!! yum!!

Hey, Heather...lets go to the grocery store;)

I however, am not full of shit becuase I won't even bother to try to get you guys to believe that I was the proper one of the group. I will let Deb and Ginkay duke that one out!

Sweetbean..were you the young lady with the dragonfly bag??? If so I am the one that commented on it.

Yup I was the one! You were the one that makes your own patch jeans, right?! You were really cool, hope I can talk to you some more! :D

Oh, the stories I could tell.....:whistle:

She's right when she says she doesn't have the best memory in the world--I'M the one who's a sweet angel! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

(word to the wise--don't believe either one of us--we're both full of it!)

Haha Mom! I think the latter part of this post is the only true thing you did say! Hehehe JK! Love you!