just for curiosity

Hi all, I finally found the european association of candle manufacturers.

The site seems not up to date, very bad. Anyway I found a graph, it's "CANDLE CONSUMPTION IN GRAMS PER CAPITA IN MEMBERCOUNTRIES" for the year 2000

look by yourself...

I always knew I'm in the wrong side of the world!!

post-1267-139458399744_thumb.gif

..."CANDLE CONSUMPTION IN GRAMS PER CAPITA IN MEMBERCOUNTRIES"... ....I always knew I'm in the wrong side of the world!!
Mmmmm.... a big bowl of wax flakes sounds good for breakfast!

Thanks for posting this - I found it to be very interesting. I lived in Denmark for several years and they use a lot of candles to add that "comfy" feeling. When my husband and I moved to France, however, I had a hard time finding candle holders and nice candles. That was in the early 90's. By the time we moved back to the States 3 years ago, candles were starting to be used more and more. I guess it is a fashion trend - hopefully one that will continue to go up!!

Is there some kind of candle rationing happening in Europe?

LOL

no there isn't. It's only habit. I knew candles where not so used as in the US (or other european countries, in north Europe they are used more), but I didn't suspect the situation was so tragic.

Well, now comes Mission Impossible 4: :cool2: Sabrina goes around for all italy and all europe talking about the beauty of candles

Thanks for posting this - I found it to be very interesting. I lived in Denmark for several years and they use a lot of candles to add that "comfy" feeling. When my husband and I moved to France, however, I had a hard time finding candle holders and nice candles. That was in the early 90's. By the time we moved back to the States 3 years ago, candles were starting to be used more and more. I guess it is a fashion trend - hopefully one that will continue to go up!!

How strange is this anyway. I'm wondering why there are so different trends in countries near to each other.

Maybe in those countries where there is more sunlight and more hot candles aren't used.:rolleyes2

On the bright side, at least your market isn't saturated - plenty of room for an enterprising candle-maker extraordinaire like yourself to succeed in. LOL. Good luck.

Hi Mozzie, thanks, you're too kind as always!

Now I have to find a way to convert people!!!

Quote:

Gosh, how hard can that be? Pretty candles, sumptuos scents. Just put'em on display, burn a few and they will be beating a path to your door. But then I'm as nutz about candles as ya'll are:p

Quote:

Gosh, how hard can that be? Pretty candles, sumptuos scents. Just put'em on display, burn a few and they will be beating a path to your door. But then I'm as nutz about candles as ya'll are:p

Hi don't know how hard can be..

I can tell you that I made 150 little scented pillars for my hairdresser, she gave to her customers for christmas gift.. well, nobody contact me for other candles.

I gave to a friend 5 pillars to take to her office, her coworkers bought two..

I didn't try to do fairs, I'm planning to do one in autumn and we'll see!

I'm sure you'll do great dear. I was just making the point that there is so much to love about candles. For many of us, it's not why-would-I-buy-a-candle? but what-kind-of-candle-do-I-want-to-buy/make-next?

Candles are visually appealing and aromatically appealing. People burn candles for many reasons. You have a beautiful product and passion for your product. Ya just cant lose hon:highfive:

The world wants what you have to offer.

:yay: :yay:

Thanks!!! Thank you for your beautiful words and encouragement!!!

I'll do the best that I can.

Oh did I say that I love this board??

Hugs to all!

I'm sure you'll do great dear. I was just making the point that there is so much to love about candles. For many of us, it's not why-would-I-buy-a-candle? but what-kind-of-candle-do-I-want-to-buy/make-next?

Candles are visually appealing and aromatically appealing. People burn candles for many reasons. You have a beautiful product and passion for your product. Ya just cant lose hon:highfive:

The world wants what you have to offer.

• 8 months later...