Square Hurricane Help!

Anyone have any ideas why this keeps happening?:cry2: I'm using the 5055 wax, pouring at 190-200 setting the mold into a room temp water bath, then as it cools-even before I pour out the left over wax, the one side always collapses! Any ideas or suggestions would be great and much appreciated as I have to make one of these for a party on Saturday.

post-1873-139458399733_thumb.jpg

I poke and refill my square hurricanes.....as the candle cools, the sides shrink. After it is in the water bath and the sides are developed, take it out and let it cool at room temp...and keep an eye on those square ones. Donita

I wonder if pouring at 185 would make it easier. I pour above 190 when I need time to embed a photo before putting it in the water bath. It takes a few minutes. If you pour at that temp and put it in the water bath right away you're trapping extra hot wax in the center. Just speculating, but maybe that makes it harder for the wax to adhere.

Before I pour my hurricane I warm my mold, I make sure my water bath is warm and not cool, and I make sure there is no cool air blowing anywhere near my water bath. If the ceiling fan is on or the air conditoner my sides cave in. When I first started making these things I made my water bath cold and the candle caved in real bad on three sides.

I made my first three square hurricanes last night and I didn't do anything different that when I made the round ones. I remember being impatient that day and I wanted to speed up the setting time sooo I put ice cubes in my water bath. And they came out perfect! Not sure what's going on with the sides of yours...I am new to this after all...lol:wink2: Oh and I still use the ice cubes with no problems, no poking holes nothing. I'm beginning to suspect that I have a hurricane/balloon candle angel or something..