Peaks FO, Stupid Question

ebarnes

If I let the 32oz CLEAR bottle sit out for two weeks before mixing will it loose its scent? I understand that fo should be stored in dark bottles. I ask because I purchased 32oz of Love Spell and every last one was returned b/c og NO hot throw.

IMHO the answer to your question is NO. There is another challenge somewhere but it is not leaving the 32oz clear bottle "out" somewhere unless maybe it was out in Arizona in August with the lid off, and even at that I would bet there would be SOME throw! NO throw? I would want to see those if I were you. If you had throw when it hit the wax initially, I would venture to say if none of your variables changed than something "doesn't smell just right" KWIM?

Im not sure what Im doing wrong, I tested this FO using 100% soy and got a really good throw. the only change I made was the dye, I used pink to test and now Im using purple. Only 3-4 drops per pound.

Well I can assure you it is not the FO. I buy everything in 2# bottles, and have never had a problem. Mine sit out in a sunlit room, not direct sunlight but indirect. I have never had a problem. Of course my FO's don't sit for very long either. My guess is that you measured wrong or forgot to add the FO.

OH and shake it next time. Although that should not be a BIG difference.

Well I can assure you it is not the FO. I buy everything in 2# bottles, and have never had a problem. Mine sit out in a sunlit room, not direct sunlight but indirect. I have never had a problem. Of course my FO's don't sit for very long either. My guess is that you measured wrong or forgot to add the FO.

OH and shake it next time. Although that should not be a BIG difference.

I agree! Either that or you have been sniffing WAY too much of it and just can't smell it anymore.

I agree! Either that or you have been sniffing WAY too much of it and just can't smell it anymore.

I get that way with some of mine when I have poured a few of them, they stop smelling so strong for me. Also if my sinuses or allergies are kicking in, I have a harder time getting a good smell. That's why I never make a decision on buying an FO when my nose is stuffy, LOL! Prolly more than what you wanted to hear, but it was just a thought.

Can you smell it cold too? My only thought would be....are you sure you added the fragrance into the wax?

I know sometimes I get so wrapped up with all my pouring pots & recipes that there's been a time or two where I had to question myself if I dumped the fragrance in.