I hit a brick wall. Please help me!!!

I have been trying to make soy wax candles. I made test candles one at a time or even three at a time. I finally got it to work, but when I made a whole jug and followed the exact same techique I used to make smaller quantites, the candles don't smell like the small batches. When I made smaller batches, after adding the fragrance and mixing well, I let it sit there until it was slushy, then I poured the candle. The time for a small batch to get slushy is much shorter than the time for a larger batch to get slushy... could this be the reason for the difference? I cannot make 3 candles at a time... does anyone have anything they can tell me about this situation? Please help me.... Karen

I am working with eco soya 135 container blend from Candle Science. I am using the exact same fragrance as before, same wick, same everything, the only difference is the time that I am letting the candle sit there to slush.....

Are you sure you dont have candle nose? When I make a large batch of the same scent..I lose it. I still cant smell Cucumber Melon..and its been almost a month since I had to make 250 8oz Cucumber Melon candles!:shocked2:

I was thinking the same thing as Monica. If you're focusing on one scent the candle nose can get really bad and you'll have no ability to assess the throw after a while. Even if you put it aside it can take a while to recover.

Also check your math and measurements. Scaling up to a larger batch wouldn't cause any special problems unless you're accidentally doing something different. Don't forget to stir occasionally while the mixture is cooling and stir well as it's reaching pouring temperature.