Soap mold

I have both a Kelsie and an Upland mold. I love my Kelsie mold and have never had any trouble getting my soaps out of it. I line the bottom of the mold with saran wrap. I like my Upland too but even though it comes with cut lines, the lines are still hard to cut a straight line with and the lines don't actually give you the same size bar.

I have a Kelsei and in the beginning I had a love/hate relationship with it. Until I got it "seasoned", I had a heck of a time getting my dividers out. But now, I don't have any problems and I love, love, love my Kelsei. I had an Upland but I agree, I couldn't cut a straight line to save my life. I want another mold and considered the Misty Creek but I think I'm gonna stay loyal to the Kelsei. :rolleyes2

I had both Kelsei and Upland, hated the Kelsei, sold it. Love the uplands, I have 2 24 bar slabs and a 12 bar slab. I am thinking about ordering a lot mold. I have the fcs log cutter. Never tried the Misty Creek, but am interested also in hearing from those that have it.

The Misty Creek is easy to use. It has a mylar template to help you line it quickly. It comes with a divider that you use to split the mold and do 2 diff. batches at one time. Has a handy dandy long cutting blade that fits neatly into the slots and you just press down to make your cuts all the way across in each direction. You can find them here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WOODEN-16-BAR-SOAP-MOLD-KIT-WOOD-W-KNIFE-SUPPLIES-b_W0QQitemZ8281762083QQcategoryZ28116QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have the Misty Creek mold and love it. With the template it takes less than 5 minutes to line the mold, and I like the cutting guides since I am not too good at straight lines. I had my BIL (cabinet and furniture maker by trade) make me two more molds just like my Misty Creek.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 9 bar Kelsei and I adore it as much as the molds my dad makes. I line the bottom of it with freezer paper when I use it and have zero problems. The only issue I have is the bar size itself. I like bigger bars. Max and Rita are great people.:yay:

I have a 9 bar Kelsei and I adore it as much as the molds my dad makes. I line the bottom of it with freezer paper when I use it and have zero problems. The only issue I have is the bar size itself. I like bigger bars. Max and Rita are great people.:yay:

Hey, if you want to sell it let me know

How big of a bar (oz's) does this mold make? I am thinking of buying one...

Thanks