Walmart Glass Part 3....

Ok, here is the last of the walmart glass candle I made using J223 and a LX24 wick. I didn't give up on it...I kept burning it, keeping the wick trimmed (as you can see--NO SOOT! I wish I could convince my customers of this known fact!!!!!) and not too much wasted wax at the bottom. Thanks for everyone's patience with me posting and reposting this particular burn.

post-1873-139458399707_thumb.jpg

post-1873-139458399713_thumb.jpg

What size are those? I'm guessing in the 5 to 6 oz. range? We're always up for different containers. Especially if they're reasonably priced.

For this particular jar I used 20oz of J223. It's a really nice sized candle.

Wonderfull job!! Take some burned jars to show customers that your candles do not soot!! I have gotten most people here localy out of the "soy" facade. They understand now that it has less to do with the wax than with the candlemakers expertise.

As for the wax on the bottom, it doesnt look like too much, I always make mine to leave 1/4" on the bottom after the wick extinguishes. I use the high neck tabs.

Wonderfull job!! Take some burned jars to show customers that your candles do not soot!! I have gotten most people here localy out of the "soy" facade. They understand now that it has less to do with the wax than with the candlemakers expertise.

As for the wax on the bottom, it doesnt look like too much, I always make mine to leave 1/4" on the bottom after the wick extinguishes. I use the high neck tabs.

Thanks Tess! The LX wicks I use have a high neck tab on them, otherwise I think there would have been alot less wax left over.

Hi, not a candlemaker, so wondering, are you saying those are parrafin with no soot? I have never had a parrifin candle not soot and put black all over my walls etc. I have rec'd some Yankme and Root candles and got terrible soot from them.

I was just curious bcz like a said, I have never seen a parrafin not leave soot.

Great job on being able to keep it from happening!!!!!

Elle