Whee! TX Soapmakers Conference is open for registration!

daniedb

Yeah, I'm really disappointed that it's so much. Especially when you add the hotel room on top of it. The conference itself is not a HUGE cost, although it's enough...but I REALLY wanted to take a mental health vacation and get my own room and everything. That would be like $500 after meals and everything, and I doubt DH and I want to spend that much on a few days vacation just for me! :(

I am pretty sure that all of the lunches are part of the convention, if I am not mistaken. So you don't have to buy those meals. If the room is too much, find someone that is going and split the cost with them, that is what Sherie and I are going to do. The room they are offering has a king bed in it. If you can, carpool with others, saves on gas and makes for a more fun trip. Just some ideas.

Holy Moly, I'm thinking the SW's order may have to wait a bit my friend. I still have to join the TSA and that's $40. Then, the conference and prebook the room. Geeezzzzzz! Wished I'd made the Plano one last year. But, splitting the gas and room will make it much better. Julie, if your contemplating the soap convention, you need to let us know. We're picking Angelique up in Austin so that's 3, you'd be 4. Can we get 2 double beds in 1 room Kerry? I don't see why not. I gotta work some OT. I might be MIA for a few weeks.

Kerry - good suggestions, the gas is not a problem, I'm only about 30 miles away from there. And I'm sure I can split the room if I need to, I was just hoping to have one by myself so I could treat it as a little vacation from my job as a mom, LOL! Thanks for the help, I'm sure that I can find ways to cut costs!