? for those that sell a lot

Where do you buy your supplies? I went "shopping" yesterday, I needed several things like some 2 oz jars and some oils etc. Do you guys buy wholesale, or do you order from places like MMS and KangarooBlue? I ordered palm and pko from Columbus in 50# cubes. I don't need that much but their 50 pounders were about the same price as MMS's 25 pounders. I bought 100 jars, didn't need that many but they were cheaper in the larger quanity. Anyway, I was just wondering if the sellers here buy from wholesale sites or just buy in quanity from the regular sites. TIA

When I start buying containers in quantity, it'll be from a wholesale place. That is where I get samples as well (I like to make sure that I'm using/testing the same container). Economically,... buying wholesale, in large quantities, from someplace close will probably get you the best deal. Some companies have a number of warehouses in the US, which helps with shipping.

Well I don't sell tons yet, but I have never ordered 50#'s of anything yet! I actually use most supplies (for soap) that I can buy locally and not have to order except for my RBO.

As far as containers, you may not want to buy in bulk yet because you will probably change your "look" many times over until you decide. I've finally decided on my "look" for jars/bottles so I order several dozen at a time.

Once you start selling you will have to buy in bulk , or you will never be competitive. I buy my wax and jars by the pallet. I buy most everything in larger quanities to take advantage of discounts etc..... If I order soaping oils that I can't get locally I buy in large quantities to get the most bang for my shipping buck.

I am just starting with candles but I have an incense and b&b business, and I have gone to some lengths to find local wholesale suppliers. (I live in Los Angeles so I am lucky, we have a lot). In some cases local vs. long distance has really influenced my business decisions. There are certain things I don't carry because the price of shipping to me would be excessively high. It's hard but you have to think practical. When I decided to get into candles I decided that to make it work financially I would need to use a wax I could buy locally. I am fortunate that I live near GenWax so it worked out. But I am still tempted to order a lot of things I don't really need.

I'm like Cindy -- buy in bulk wholesale or it's hard to make a profit. I get my jars wholesale by the pallet and buy tons of cases of wax at a time to get the better pricing. Etc. It's very difficult to make an honest buck these days with rising prices and all.

Bulk places I shop:

www.freundcontainer.com

www.soaperschoice.com

www.naturesgarden.com

www.incenseoils.com

www.saveonscents.com

www.northstar3c.com

www.ulrichchem.com

For my baking soda I go to my local Aldi's (they give me a price break if I order so many) and for my cornstarch I go to the local HyVee bakery.

If you go to the businesses, you can usually find out what their price breaks are and if you have the means - go for it. It never hurts to have extra, especially when you will definitely use it.