A Rebatching We Will Go...

Ah, what fun on a Sunday morning. I decided to reincarnate some really crappy batches into usable soap. People complain that I tease them by posting fresh in the mold photos, so I'll spare you today and give you the whole show at once.

First, the uncut logs:

Left to right: ICS Rosemary Mint (2), Lemon Pound Cake, and Unscented.

uncutlogs.jpg

ICS Rosemary Mint with chunky reincarnated EO rosemary mint layered chunks.

rosemarymint.jpg

BG Lemon Pound Cake with the ICS Lemon Meringue Pie chunkies:

lemonpoundcake.jpg

Unscented with unscented chunkies:

unchunked.jpg

Garden Soap with rebirthed Alien Soap shreds, fullers earth and coffee grounds scented Peppermint Lemongrass:

gardensoap.jpg

NG's Sun, Moon and Stars:

sunmoonstars.jpg

Okay, I think I'm finished for the day. :P

Thanks guys!

I did the bag method this time around to see how well I'd like it. I had it on for most of the day on low heat and it took forever, but the end result I was happy with.

Lindsay, I'm using these molds: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tray-4Lb-NOLINER-SOAP-MOLDS-CP-HP-Glycerin-Bar-Loaf_W0QQitemZ8281375866QQcategoryZ28116QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I love them!

He's off on his sizes though, and his four pound mold only holds 40oz. of oil.

I used a boil in bag, the oven bags you usually cook turkey's in. I put my soap in the bag, along with a tiny bit of water, and just tossed the bag into boiling water to melt slowly, occasionally taking it out to mash it up. It takes forever though, I'm not sure I want to do it again even if I do like the results.

• 3 months later...

Do you ever have problems with your soap sticking to these molds, Grumpy? I have the exact same ones, and I'm thinking I might need to start spraying them with Pam.

The last 2 batches I've made have been terrible. Even after waiting 3 days, when I take the sides off, big chunks of soap stick to the sides. Maybe my recipe is too soft? I didn't have this problem with my old recipe.