Sodium Hydroxide from Lowes

Ok, this is my first time buying this stuff and what I ended up with was "Roebic" crystal drain opener. It says it contains sodium hydroxide as its only ingredient. So I assumed this was the right stuff. Can someone clarify that this is correct or not. I think it was around $8 for 2lbs.

Jennie, I'm not sure but I think that has shredded metal in it. Someone posted sometime back that the label states Sodium Hydroxide but it actually has shredded metal. Please be careful and make sure before you use.

Sherie, I'm sure it's the Roebic that is the good stuff. The one in the yellow can.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15045&highlight=roebic

Here is a link to the picture of the can.

HTh

Good to know! I haven't bought that brand before and just remember someone posted about getting a drain cleaner at Home Depot or Lowes and it had metal pieces in it. Thanks for clearing me up.

I don't know how yours was packaged but at my store there was nothing stopping me so I just opened it up and looked for the metal, didn't see any so I figured it is the right stuff. (I'm waiting to buy because bcn will be carrying it soon and I need to order from them anyway)

Sami

Guest EMercier

I use this brand, since there is no more Red Devil in the stores. I actually bought the last can (red Devil)at my Lowes. I actually need more Lye. I used all my Lye for my show.