frosted jars

Right they don't hide any flaws but I love the look (super pretty with any hue) and so do alot of customers. No ones reported any problems as far as weakness goes. A good rule of thumb is to go with food and beverage quality glassware. Frosted is also great for hurricanes (a votive in a votive holder placed in a frosted hurricane with pieces of colored glass is so easy but really striking)

I've been using a 6 oz frosted votive with a soy blend and I think they look really nice. The frosting doesn't really hide wet spots, but it does sort of distract the eye from flaws in the wax. I have also heard that frosted glass is weaker, but I haven't yet broken one. I've broken of few of the others though.

I have also heard that frosted glass is weaker, but I haven't yet broken one. I've broken of few of the others though.

They shouldn't be weaker. The process to make frosted glass is just an acid bath, that only etches the surface of the glass.