I am so MAD - need to vent

AngelaVA

I placed an order with online labels last week and when I opened my package today I saw that they sent me the absolute wrong labels. Not even close!! I ordered crystal clear and silver foil labels and they sent neon pink, green and yellow 2x4 labels. Of course, they are closed today so I can't call and I have an order to go out on Monday and I needed the silver foil labels for this order. I'll have to improvise somehow and I am sooooooo mad right now!! Sorry, just need to vent. :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is the second time I've ordered from them. The first time my order was correct, but this time it is way off. I'm heading over to Office Depot and/or Wal-Mart this afternoon to see if I can find any labels that will work until I get my order corrected. I doubt I'll be ordering from them again. I'll probably try Plantlabel next time. This is just ridiculous. :mad:

Angela I am just a frustrated with them. I ordered round labels that they only carry the size I needed. I had the template from Avery all ready to use. Then when I recieve the labels they don't fit that template for avery or any other label program I have. I have to download their template through Word or Photoshop which I have but who has the time to figure it out? Photoshop is for photo designing which I created my picture but it doesn't do any fancy words. Word just plain sucks! My husband just said forget it lets just take them in and have them done. We have a connection at a Kinkos that will do it for the same price the paper and ink cost me. I think Online Labels should work with Avery templates almost every other label company is Avery compatible. I should have read the fine print. Now I know. I wish Staples or Office Depot did carry my size.

I'll probably try Plantlabel next time. This is just ridiculous. :mad:

Well...I order from both and Planetlabel has sent me the wrong labels twice, lol. I must say, though, that they were very quick to make it right both times. I have not had problems with Online Labels (yet). I hope you find something that will work for you.

Then when I recieve the labels they don't fit that template for avery or any other label program I have.

If you have Avery Design Pro then just make your own template. It is really easy to do and is very accurate. If you do not have that program then you can go to the Avery website and download it. It is free and is a great tool to use for labels. I agree, Word is a pain in the rear to use, especially when doing round labels.

Although if you have a friend who can do them for the same price it costs you to do them yourself then I'd say go for it, lol.

Well if it makes you feel any better I am still waiting on GT Bags to get my order right from the co-op I did. They sent the wrong bags not once but twice and I am still waiting for them to send me the right ones. They keep send me polyeth. and we all know we need polypro. Third time is a charm...I hope.

I have ordered THOUSANDS of labels from Online Labels and have never had a problem. When I do label co ops I only deal with them because they are cheaper and I get my labels quick. Did you oder on the web???...or did you call them? I always call them and I usually get some uptight rude guy...but I just throw it back at him and I always have my order correct and within 3 days. Good Luck

I have ordered THOUSANDS of labels from Online Labels and have never had a problem.

Same here. It must be with the help because I talk with one of the owners all the time about how to improve their product so now I need to talk to them about customer service and packing orders.

I know this wont help your deadline but give them a call and they will fix the order. Also if you mention it ask for some samples of other lables you want to try they will throw them in with the corrected order.

I use laser-inkjetlabels.com they have great prices, are constantly adding new stuff, and their customer service is wonderful. I have never had a mess up in orders, and I order quite a few different labels!! HTH

I ordered online and have about 50 more minutes before I can call and get this fixed. I also got three more orders this weekend, which could go out tomorrow except that they wouldn't be labeled. Grrrr :mad: I just don't see how you can look at my packing slip which clearly says crystal clear and silver labels and then proceed to put in neon pink labels instead. :rolleyes2

I do love the clamshells packaging though. It's exactly what I need to keep them clean and orderly.

I called and spoke to someone about my order. They were very nice and apologetic about sending me the wrong labels. He said that I could kep the ones I got (great, but what do I do with al the neon pink and green labels, lol). He is also sending out my order with the correct labels and I already received the tracking information for it a few minutes ago. It will still take a few days to get here, but I think that they handled it very well, so I'm not peeved anymore (not as much anyway, lol).

I'm glad they handled it well, but I also understand that extreme frustration that it can cause when you have to scramble at the last minute. I've used them for about 2 years, and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I love the new clamshells. I wasn't sure at first, because it created more bulk for storage, but there's no comparison for how clean and neat it keeps the labels, in my dirty, messy workshop.

Since we are talking about Online Lables...

Those that use them, how do you like their new clam shells they ship lables in now?

I love the clamshells. I've gotten cardboard boxes which can take a beating from getting shuffled around too much, and tear. Plus, it makes it easier to see when you need to re-order.

How do you like them?

I

have never had any trouble with them at all. I hope it was just a fluke for you. I really think their prices are some of the best and I LOVE the clam shell packaging! Also, I ALWAYS have printing issues with Avery labels (i.e. the are "off" margin wise one time and the next time they come out perfect), but never have with the ones i get from onlinelabels.

Photoshop is for photo designing which I created my picture but it doesn't do any fancy words.

I actually use photoshop for everything! For my labels, say for example I am doing a 2x4 label. I go to photoshop and start a new image. I set the size to match the label size and start creating. This is all text with some gradients and stuff. Their text effects are WAY cool and you can do so much with them (beveling, shadowing, etc.). I set the DPI for about 600 for a really crisp product and save it as a jpg image. Then I import it into my MS word template that I have downloaded from either avery or the onlinelabel site. Photoshop has just totally spoiled me! :)

Photoshop can be kind of daunting! It is not nearly as "user friendly" as graphic work is in word of some of the watered down graphic programs. I bought the 24 hour sams publishers series for all my adobe products. They are great books that walk you through the program step by step. The books are broken down in one our sessions, 24 sessions, hence the name. :) It was really helpful! Even with that book, however, I feel like I have only scraped the surface of what the program can do!