Salt Crystals

cmspath

For the really big salt crystals go to costco, home depot or lowes and buy the big 40lb bag of Morton solar salt in the blue bag for about $3. Do not buy the yellow bag, it is salt pellets. I use these to put in tub tea bags and also mix fo and mica and use for air freshener. The grains are maybe 3/8th inch across. I'd hate to sit on them in the tub.

I would luv to try Morton solar salts, but how would I make them smaller? I've actually never seen them so I'm not sure... would a hammer be the best way or would they work in a grinder of some type?

Maryann,

I just got a bag and was terrified they were going to be huge, they aren't they are actually only a tad larger than the ones I buy from Soap Wizards. I am going to actually test them out this week on dissolve time etc. I used to get salts bigger than these that my customers love bcz they lasted longer in the tub.

I really don't think you would need to bust them up unless you make your salts more like a powder

HTH

Michelle