Flower orbs with matching bookmarks

Donita

I made a bunch of bookmarks to match candles. I think that it is a nice gift idea. I am going to put some flowers on soap to match....one of these days. I dipped the bookmarks in my over dip wax and they look good. The flowers are air tight now. Just another way to use wax and it only takes a few drops.....practically no expense here. Donita

post-248-139458399647_thumb.jpg

Good point Margaritamama......It is 12:45 and my car is in the sun. I just put one in a book and I will see what happens. That would be pretty much the hottest place one would leave a book. Thanks for pointing that out!!!! Donita

Thanks everyone.....and Top...it's about time you start reading books. Sabrina...the wax didn't melt onto the pages and the car was hot....I could laminate them, but I always have wax on and it doesn't cost anything to dip the bookmark. I have also done note cards that way. Just dip the front of the card 2/3 into wax to cover the flower. They make a nice combo with a candle....I am planning to do the soaps this week...Sharyl, the dark pink azaleas hold color for years, but the light ones don't....they are very transparent so I put a couple of them together. I pressed some hot pink ones that I will put on candles this week. The sooner I can get them under wax the better. I converted my food dehydrator into a flower drying unit and pressed the azaleas in 3 hours then let them sit overnight. I posted this slideshow on my flower boards yesterday. I tried azaleas in the microwave and air presses last year and they turned brown. The dehydrator is great for a lot of flowers. Here is the link to see it:

http://tinyurl.com/nmj5d this is on pulbic so everyone can see it.....for awhile. Have a nice day. I am going outside to pick buttercups. The work very well on candles. Donita