Wick problems...

The candle below has a 24 ply cotton wick. I was thinking the wick is too small because it's kinda starting to burn a hole down the middle...but maybe it's too big because the flame is too big and smokes. So which is it??? Too big or too small? I could try a 30 ply wick to solve the tunnel problem...but that would make the large flame problem worse. I've been working so hard to try to get the candle to LOOK right that I haven't been spending much time on getting the wick right...but apparently it's time I started. :)

post-3284-139458399645_thumb.jpg

Scented...I burned it for about 2 hours last night. Then trimmed the wick this morning before lighting it again.

Top...the only additive was 1 tsp per pound of vybar. And the wax is 1343. Should I possibly increase that? Or add stearic you think?

I reckon that flame will die down some once more wax is melting from the rim. The flat topped molds can be tricky. Maybe some stearic to slow down the burn would work better than wicking down. Give it a few more 3 hour burns to get a better feel for what's happening.