Has anyone wicked a 16 oz tin with Premier wicks?

I just got my samples and tried a 767 - too small - only gave me a 2 inch diameter meltpool after 2 cycles of burning. There are so many choices for 3 inch diameter. I'm using JS 50/50 and JS Caramel Cinnamon Latte FO. I'm thinking of trying a 785 next and go down from there if needed. If I went up one wick size at a time it could take a while. :rolleyes2

I too am testing these wicks, but am mainly working on votives, so can't help you out there. I think folks have just started getting their samples? and so there may not be many responses to your question. I know it was stated that these wicks could also be used for paraffin, but so far I'm not having a whole lot of luck with that...guess I need to stick to what they are best for. I did try a 767 in a three inch pillar {paraffin} but wasn't thrilled with the results...high flame and small melt pool. I'm going to be pouring some palm pillars and some soy containers and will do more extensive testing then. Isn't testing just such a major pain?!:sad2:

I just got my samples and tried a 767 - too small - only gave me a 2 inch diameter meltpool after 2 cycles of burning. There are so many choices for 3 inch diameter. I'm using JS 50/50 and JS Caramel Cinnamon Latte FO. I'm thinking of trying a 785 next and go down from there if needed. If I went up one wick size at a time it could take a while. :rolleyes2

I started with the largest size they have which is a 798 and figured I would go down if necessary. I did this because I was having so much trouble wicking a 3 inch dof glass. I found in my testing that it was the wax(cargill nature wax) and not the wicks. My results using a double old fashioned glass was nearly a full melt pool after the first burn and that was exciting to me because those containers were giving me a headache. I will use the nature wax for my personal candles because not only was it hard to wick in larger containers it had very little HT. The wax that gave me the fmp was ecosoya cb advanced and the fragrance was a rose of sharon and love spell blend and had great HT as well. I will come back later after the second burn.

Testing votives, tea lights and various containers.:yay:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: 798 worked perfectly on the second burn! I achieved a fmp and excellent throw. However, I still believe it was the wax and not the wicks. I should have tested these waxes simultaneously when I first purchased them and I would have learned this sooner! But it's ok because I learned so much other stuff along the way! I tested 3 waxes yesterday and the ecosoya pb was the hardest to wick but after a few tries I wicked that as well. I will be pouring small pillars and votives this evening. I am waiting for more fragrances that I really want to try. When I run out of this Nature Wax I wil never purchase it again!

BTW I will be testing smaller size wicks on the 3-4 inch containers this evening. I did test another 3 inch container with a 790 wick and almost acheived a fmp on the first burn...sooooo back to the shop!:yay: