Soy or Paraffin Wax with highest Fragrance Load Capacity

I can only give you info on a few types of wax based on my experience. You may want to research this on your own to find the specs for the specific wax your interested in using.

IGI 4627, 4630 & 4786 container wax = 10% f/o max. load.

Palm wax = 5%

Most EcoSoya container may be used with any frag. upto 10-12%, but recommended 5-6% by weight. Essential oils are 3-5%.

I think the thing you have to do is order samples and test for youself. How much F/O a wax will hold is ilrelivant if the scent you use a very poor quality. If you buy the best oils, the gold limit on the wax won't make a difference. Except that palm wax doesn't hold as much as say J50. It really is best just to do your own research instead of taking or say as law. Do the research and you'll have the facts, not opinions.

Fire:cool2:

I agree with Fire and Ice. Also, just because it holds a lot of FO doesn't mean it's the best wax to use or that you should be using that large amount of FO. Out of the paraffin waxes I've tested, 4627 has the best scent throw out there. It holds something like 10-12% FO, but at 6% I had an amazing throw. I don't use it however because of it's drawbacks that outweighed it's great stink-capacity. So, just because it holds a boat-load of FO doesn't mean it will work out for you.

I'm not sure which wax holds the most FO, most of the paraffin preblends have pretty high amounts, but I am curious as to why you're interested in this "fact".

IMHO, throughout my testing, I never found much difference between 6% and 10%. Not enough of a hot throw change to warrant using that much FO. I feel as though it's a waste of oil and I strictly use 6% and no more. If it doesn't throw at that, I don't use it.