Bug Spray/Repellant Recipe?

Sab

I've used A Garden Eastward's Bug Buster EO blend for 5 years now and I have no black fly bites anymore....works like a charm on skeeters too!!! :yay: It's great in spray, lotion, lotion bars, soap and candles (which can be wicked normally, no big honkin' wick like citronella). :cool2:

as for this EO blend in soaps are there any oils one should stay away from when making a bug repellant soap?

I've used A Garden Eastward's Bug Buster EO blend for 5 years now and I have no black fly bites anymore....works like a charm on skeeters too!!! :yay: It's great in spray, lotion, lotion bars, soap and candles (which can be wicked normally, no big honkin' wick like citronella). :cool2:

I am going to sound weird here, but it works for me

I fish and the black flies just swarm around us.

I found out by accident that patchouli keeps them away.

I took a shower 1 morning with patchouli soap before we went fishing .

I didn't get bugged by 1 miserable bug. But The man did. lol

So now I always either shower before I leave or take a bottle of patchouli oil with me

Plus I made a bug spray for my neighbors horses and it works.

I used lemongrass sage in it. The neighbor said she couldn't believe how good it worked.

Plus it smells much better than those other bug sprays.

HTH

• 4 weeks later...
I am going to sound weird here, but it works for me

I fish and the black flies just swarm around us.

I found out by accident that patchouli keeps them away.

I took a shower 1 morning with patchouli soap before we went fishing .

I didn't get bugged by 1 miserable bug. But The man did. lol

So now I always either shower before I leave or take a bottle of patchouli oil with me

Plus I made a bug spray for my neighbors horses and it works.

I used lemongrass sage in it. The neighbor said she couldn't believe how good it worked.

Plus it smells much better than those other bug sprays.

HTH

Are you using FO or EO?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if gardens eastward has somewhere on thier site that tells you the percentage of bug buster to use in sprays? Iv never used eos before and dont want to use too much. I did look on thier site and did a search here but cant seem to find anything. Also for those who use this, have you used it on younger kids? I dont want to od my grand daughters :rolleyes2

FYI - Selling my pound of AGE Bug Buster - will be listing in the the classifieds later unless someone here pm's me first ;) Normally sells for $25 - asking $20 plus shipping from 41091. As I have my sites set on fall/winter right now, I know this will be the 2nd summer in a row that I'm not going to be able to get to this EO!

FYI - Selling my pound of AGE Bug Buster - will be listing in the the classifieds later unless someone here pm's me first ;) Normally sells for $25 - asking $20 plus shipping from 41091. As I have my sites set on fall/winter right now, I know this will be the 2nd summer in a row that I'm not going to be able to get to this EO!

Bug Buster EO is taken!