making shampoo again

anhoki

OK...So yesterday I made a new batch of shampoo. This is the second recipe I have created on my own too. I found out this one requires more thinning after the neutralization than any recipe I've ever used before. DH says it needs to be thinner. What are your thoughts? Do you prefer one that is highly concentrated and requires less to use or do you like one like Pantene or other commercial shampoos? I have some clumps still so I'll need to smooth those out but for the most part it is done. Here's where I stopped last night. I added liquid silk and ipm with the warm vanilla sugar scent. Yum..

136146184_02b6f83dae.jpg

Not an expert in making them (actually never done that) just using them. :P But for those with long hair how is it as far as getting threw out the whole hair. As long as that little bit will get into all the hair I say it would be a plus to say it's thicker & more concentrated. (people feel like there getting more for there money)

Just a consumer's opinion here,

Karen B

I used to buy some shampoo that came in a jar and you took about a dime size and emulsified it in your hands and then massaged it in your hair (wet hair that is). It was very thick, think Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula thick, but it was the best stuff I've ever used. Unfortunately, it didn't sell very long, I think maybe only a year after I started buying it, so that in itself states something. This was back in 1986-1987.

I would use it if it was good regardless of how thick it was. But would the general public?

It may be "just a consumer's opinion" but it's a good question. :D I have short hair but it is SUPER THICK. My daughter's both have hair to their waist and I have no problem getting the shampoo through mine or theirs. This stuff bubbles like mad and thins out nicely when a little water is added. I guess I will have to make two kinds and see what my buyers like best. I have one that is super concentrated and one that is nice and smooth but still has "substance" ya know....Now on to the conditioner. :yay: