are my prices out of line??

Sherl

I made some lotion bars [in a tube] and some body butter that I package in 4 oz containers. Just figured up what I'd need to sell them for and I'm thinking they seem a little high:shocked2: . the lotion bars are .75 oz and contain beeswax, shea, cocoa and some light oil. I figured $4 for these. The body butter has cocoa, shea and avacado butters, apricot kernal oil, vitamine E and some beeswax. Does $12 for 4 oz sound out of line? Now that I know what I want to make and how I want to package them, I can buy at better prices... but not enough to drop them considerably. I bought a 4 oz body butter last summer for $6.. thinking it was a whipped shea. So, compared to that, my prices seem a bit high..... What do ya'll think??

How are you coming to those retail prices? Are you adding up all costs to make (including packaging, labels, etc.) and then doubling, tripling, what?

I do not think you're overcharging, but I don't know what kind of economy you have where you live??

If the product is good, has good quality ingredients, and does what it says it does, then I have no problem spending a little more on items like that.

If I buy a little of something and decide to go ahead with it I usually charge what it will cost me to re-produce ...don't know if that helps you any but if I say bought one LB of shea butter for $6.00 but I would usually only pay $4.00 I figure my cost with the $4.00