Holy wicks

I just got mine today:yay: and I was shocked as the amount of wicks they sent. I cannot wait to start playing with these.

Chiptooth- I know when I emailed them my request it took them almost 2 months to get back to me- they emailed me that they have been extremely busy.

Theresa

I know exactly what you are talking about as I have a 21 month old that keeps me quite busy. I try to make candles when he is napping or at night, but here lately- I have been napping right along with him and at night I am too exhausted to make any candles.

Theresa

what kinds of sizes did they send you? tabbed, right? are they the standard 6"..I also requested a sample but when I was looking over their site to actually buy the wicks it seemed a bit confusing in ordering the different lengths, tabs etc. 'course I'm a bit lazy have been used to just say eco 10/12 etc..lol

Yeah they were 6 in tabbed. I never got an email from them after I put in my request - I think I did it about 3 weeks ago and they came today. I didn't count how many sizes they sent me but it was somewhere between 20-25 different ones, and each pack had between 4-8 in it. I've opened up a whole new can of testing worms - be careful what you wish for! LOL

I put in a request months ago and never got my wicks. I just did it again in case I did something wrong as I was having computer problems around the time of the first request!

Hope that I can get some to test!! I have mainly been using the zincs and I do not like the shrooming effect of them, even if it is minimal!

I got my samples a few days ago and and poured several candles yesterday. I'm testing tea lights first. I don't doubt that they will work very well for small containers, not so sure about these 3 1/4 inch dof glasses that makes me want to use everything but soy! I have sooo many problems wicking this this container. I did pour it along with the others and will use the largest wick they sent for starters. I'm trying to avoid double wicking...:sad2:

I got my wick samples today...I wasn't expecting them yet 'cause I hadn't gotten an email yet. Guess I better get my housework done so I can do some pouring tonight! I didn't count them yet, but there is a lot to try. That's what I call great marketing!

I got my wick samples today! Wow, lots of wicks. I'm very impressed with how many FREE samples they sent and the self-centering tools they added. I can't wait to test these in my jars. I hope I can get them to work for my jars, I'd love to do business with "Wick It". I'm truly impressed, so far!!:yay:

Suz

Oh man, I hope I get mine soon. I sent my request awhile ago and got an email a couple of weeks ago. I am not complaining though because this company has been so generous to everyone. I just want to try these things. I have tried almost every wick out there, but have always gone back to the zincs. Sure would be nice to have something else that worked the way the zincs do with less side effects. Keep posting results because I am encouraged about what I have heard about so far with the single wicking of the bigger jars.

They give you so many wicks because that is all they do. They deal with mass orders. There minimum order is 1000 per size. Only the people that recieved samples know that. I finally had to call Joe and request a sample then he got them right out. Don't be a afraid to bother him. We give them the business too. They are swamped with emails that is why I called.

I like how they stand up straight and don't collapse in the wax at higher pouring temps. I still have to test burn. There are so many sizes I have to figure out what to use. That will fry your brain. But If I like them enough I wouldn't mind buying in bulk.

that they sent? Are they temporary tools or do you actually adhere them to the wick and jar?

We have developed this self-centering for jars that are 2 1/2" and up in diameter.

The sample can be slipped over and assembly just so you can see if it fits in the bottom of your glass. We thought it woud be easier to do a quick test that way.

These are available in assemblies once you have determined the right wick for your candles.

Thank you for ALL of your support.

Looking forward to hear from all of you soon.

Joe

WICK IT