For all LLC Lovers- Body Butter

Here is my 8 oz body butter

I cut everything in half from the recipe. Too me, its too oily. It has small grains that wont go away until you rub it in. GRRR This is making me mad, but the great news is it smells devine!

Any advice? I am not melting the shea before hand. I am melting the cocoa butter and drizzling on it as the recipe said to do. What can you add or take away to make it less greasy?

Christina

My recipe for this is

2 oz of jojoba oil

4.5 ounces of Shea butter

1.5 ounces of Cocoa butter

.25 of LLC

1 teaspoon of cornstarch

????

Christina

post-1870-139458399604_thumb.jpg

What do you mean by "hardening in the jars"?? Mine "sets up" after I put it in the jars, it kind of loses that real whippy look, but it never gets real HARD per say. For lack of a better description, mine looks like it's gone slightly flat.

The only time I've ever had graininess was when I had a little jar of it in my car, and it melted and then when it rehardened it was grainy. Not sure why it happens.

I always melt my shea then add to the other oil, and use an ice bath.

I'm not sure why you're adding the cocoa butter? I'd try doing it without the cocoa butter just the shea and the joboba and cornstarch and see if you like that better. ;)

JMO .... but if you take out the cocoa butter, it won't be quite as hard.

However, some of my batches set up fairly firm. I haven't had a chance to compare the 2 batches yet, but one is alot "fluffier". When I get a chance to analyze the two, I'll let ya know what I find. ;)

I would lower the CB% or leave out. To fix the hardening add more oil and whip. When I make it, I leave it in the bowl for a week (covered) at room temp. After a week if its too hard I add more oil and whip again. Then leave a few more days to see if that did the trick. Its easier to leave in the bowl than to have to take it all out of the containers to fix (ask me how I know).