Another question !

Yall did so great at giving me ideas and info that I have another I hope you can answer....Ok.....so after the candle are poured and all, some people say they should sit 24 hrs, 48 hrs, 5 days...from what Im reading on here and most other places , 24 hrs is pretty popular of an amount of time til you can burn a candle... BUT how long til you can use a candle warmer ? ...Do you still need to wait the alloted amount of time as burning a candle ? ..I get pretty anxious. Ive only waited a couple of hrs and burned. Ive done a couple without a wick so I can just use my burner but they dont sit that long either. Im terribly impatient and thats not good, I know. Next batch ( hopefully tomorrow nite IF the promised wicks from Enchanted Lites make it ....fingers crossed tightly!!!.....)Ill wait longer..

thanx for your reply(ies)

Deana

CedarRain

I don't wait more than 24 hours before burning any candle to test scent....soy, blend or paraffin wax. If it doesn't have a decent throw at that time, I get rid of the scent. If it throws good, it can only get better the longer it sits. I don't have time to wait a week before selling my candles and customers surely don't want to be told to let a candle sit a week before burning it to improve the scent throw!! :shocked2:

You have to wait at least 24 hours to test for wicking - if you're burning after "a few hours" then you may be trying too soon. Even when wax looks solid and set up, it's not always the case. As you can see, there are varying opinions about curing and scent throw testing time. Personally, I like to see a strong scent throw after the first 24 hours, but if I absolutely adore the scent, I put it aside for another few days and try again to see if it's stronger.

For me, cure time varies by wax type and fragrance. With soy, I wait at least 24 hours to test burn. If the cold throw is stellar, I go ahead and test. If the cold throw seems weak, I'll give it another day or so.

If a scent takes longer than a week to throw, I throw *it*. LOL :wink2: