Need 8 oz. metro info

Hi. Just wondering about the 8 oz. metro jar. I have been testing for over a year with soy in 8 oz. jj and others and thought since the diameter of this metro was similar to the jj, maybe all my wick testing would be almost the same? From the picts, the metro looks as if it is straight up and down without the jj taper. Does it flicker a bunch as it gets down in the jar? I want something a bit more classy as I am going with the 8 oz. sq. mason as the more country look. Any info on this jar and any help on wicking 100% soy in this would be apprectiated. If it is going to be too much, I'll go with the apothecary. TIA. Beth

Okay, I have only tested this jar with paraffin, but I found that it was very similiar to wicking an 8 oz JJ. It wasn't hard for me to wick (definitely easier than the apothocary jars). I would start with the wicks you use in your JJ and go from there :)

The 8 oz square mason jar is a major pain in the butt for me, I have been testing this type of jar for months non stop. When I thought I found the perfect wick, all of a sudden they started to tunnel. So god bless you for wanting to try these jars.

Mindy :)