Must have from Scent Works?

WYJen

Yes yes...I know I need to get London Lemon Curd...I've been resisiting temptation for too long and since they now have the Chocoholics dupe from Aquolina, I definitely have to order. So...anyone have any recommendations for other good ones from there? Anything I can't live without? ;)

If you like woodsy type scents, the Cedarwood Mint and the Osage Orange Wood are terrific. I really like the new Chinatown dupe, but haven't used it yet - can't decide whether to soap it or wax it! The Kwa Luk Lychee Fruit is very yummy & strong in CP. And their Shaw Mudge Red Currant is the FO that Votivo uses in their Red Currant candles.

I have to second the Green Irish Tweed and it's on sale this week. The Sweet Pea & Sandalwood, Linden Green Tea and Clementine Lavender are fantastic. I received sniffies of Tupelo Honey, Zest Aqua Pure and Eucalyptus & Thyme and they are nice as well.

Bamboo Ji is excellent

Be Delicious

Black Cashmere

Fresh Sugar Cane, it is a seizer in soaps but it is heavenly

Green Irish Tweed totally masculine yummy

I love to add Lait Sucre` to other things as a blender......ahhh

Peaches and Dreams smells just like fresh peach ice cream

Ocean

Skin Musk

Pink Peony

Tonic

Strawberry Supreme

Ambra di Nepal - very sexy and romantic

Neroli di Orsini - very true to the orange blossom. I've been on a hunt for a while, and I am very happy with this one.

Others I've tried -

Tuscan Tomato & Basil - very basil-y and food smelling. You'd have to have a specific market for it.

Iced Keenum Black Tea - I can see it in soap, but not really in other B&B, very tea smelling, tannic and strong.

Malabar Peppercorn - I LOVE it as a sniffie, but don't want to recommend it just because I haven't tried it in anything. DELISH!

How does the London Lemon Curd compare, to say JS lemon sugar or Daystar Ice Box Lemon Pie? I really like both of these.......

The Curd is something unique. Like a lot of CTers (and Dishers, etc etc) I've tried a bunch of other Lemon type FOs and have yet to find anything that has that certain something (je ne sais quoi) that smells just like the Curd. I would have to say I don't think it smells like Lemon Pound Cake either. I've smelled and poured both the FOs you've mentioned and while they are nice, they are not THE CURD :)

Yep I love this FO. I truly wish I could find a less expensive dupe, but until then, I'll gladly pay for it. My customers think it's pretty :drool: too!

THE CURD ROCKS!

The Curd is something unique. Like a lot of CTers (and Dishers, etc etc) I've tried a bunch of other Lemon type FOs and have yet to find anything that has that certain something (je ne sais quoi) that smells just like the Curd. I would have to say I don't think it smells like Lemon Pound Cake either. I've smelled and poured both the FOs you've mentioned and while they are nice, they are not THE CURD :)

Yep I love this FO. I truly wish I could find a less expensive dupe, but until then, I'll gladly pay for it. My customers think it's pretty :drool: too!

THE CURD ROCKS!

I completely agree with you!

Yep, LLC does not smell anything like Lemon Sugar (which I detect a strong brown sugar note in this) and I didn't care for the Ice Box Lemon Pie (too rotteny vanilla smelling IMO).

LLC is just in a league all it's own, I'm tellin' ya, it's the BEST. My hubby just :drool: all over me when I was using a scrub that Guppygirl sent me that was scented with this. :D

I LOVE the Mango Lassi as well.

Tarte Au Citron is another one I really like, but I was wearing it the other day (made a body spray) and mom didn't care for it, and even said she thought it too strong, whereas I was thinking it was such a light scent. ;)

Just goes to show you how different opinions can be on the same scent.

It's funny how strong suggestion is. I had an 8 oz bottle of LLC and it's fine. It's a good scent, I can see why people like it, but I don't care for sweet citrus scents, so I sold it. Every time I read one of Malinda's posts, or someone else who adores it, it kinda makes me wonder if I should have gotten rid of it. :P

No you should have sold it to me lol! I have a friend that I had said nothing to about how much I loved this, and gave her a sugar scrub to sample. She called me the next day just RAVING about it. Her Mom bought a whole B&B set from me too. Some people just love it. It just makes me happy when I smell it ;)

Now that we have hijacked this thread.... :)

The only thing I've gotten from SW that made me gag was Kiwi Kicker. I forgot to mention that I also like the Linden Green Tea, that one is very nice too.

I love their Mysore Sandalwood. To me, it's as close to the real thing as it gets. The Sandalwood Vanilla is too sweet for me, personally, but it's a great seller. If I can get someone to sniff it, they buy it (in soap and body oil).

I'm dying to try about 50 of their scents, as it seems to be precisely what I'm looking for in terms of comlex, exotic blends, however, the fact that they seem more geared towards bb than towards candles, worries me slightly but, I guess it's about testing and testing.

• 5 months later...
If you like woodsy type scents, the Cedarwood Mint and the Osage Orange Wood are terrific. I really like the new Chinatown dupe, but haven't used it yet - can't decide whether to soap it or wax it! The Kwa Luk Lychee Fruit is very yummy & strong in CP. And their Shaw Mudge Red Currant is the FO that Votivo uses in their Red Currant candles.

Out of curiosity, do we know for sure that it is the Shaw Mudge oil that Votivo uses? I ask because I have a Votivo Red Currant in front of me (an actual one) and I have a candle poured using the shaw mudge oil bought from Scent Works, and, while they are VERY close, they are not quite identical.

I'm asking cause I've read this same thing (the fact that they use the Shaw Mudge oil), several different times on this board. I know that on the Scent Works site, they state it's the Votivo oil, but, are we sure on this, cause I'm 95% sure that there is a very slight difference.

Just soaped with Tonic (Clarins type) and adore it. I have a whole shelf of others to soap with but I'm trying to resist. Not succeeding, mind you, but trying.

The Lychee is super strong. Had to put it in the garage to age (CP) and I only used it at 0.7ppo. At 2 weeks it's still kick-a$$ strong. Not sure how I feel about it - very very sweet (exactly like it was OOB)

I love their scents-think many smell complex. Green Tweed is my favorite for guys and I really like the Linden Green Tea, China shop, Sweet Violet & lots more! Out of about 25 sniffies there were only 5 I didn't like and that is not the way it usually goes!