Now a business name question **update with name**

TexasBrat

**UPDATE**

Okay, I was going to choose "Moxie Girl" but dh and I pondered it and pondered other names and settled on

Sassy and Moxie

I have registered the name so it's official. I am getting my website tonight and I don't know when it will be completely ready but I am soooo excited!!!:yay:

Thanks for all the input, everyones words and thoughts made a difference.

--------------

I have the basic part of my name figured out but am getting different opinions on it. I am going to be selling my b&b products, purses and maybe one or two various craft items I make. Now, I have chosen a beginning of what I want to call my site but have added "girl" to the end. I have conflicting opinions that older ladies might not visit or want to buy a product that had "girl" on it. I think I am going to cater to younger girls/teens/20 and 30 something age group. I think that if an older woman saw the product and liked it she would buy it anyway. Right or wrong? The product is for any age but just has "girl" in the brand.

Thoughts?

My rambling thoughts - if it's sexy and sassy, I'd be fine buying "[Whatever] Girl" brand. However, if it's not, like if it's like BBW's "American Girl" line of products, that would scream teenager to me, and I wouldn't even look at it, because I would assume that it wasn't going to appeal to me. I find that the main reason that people look at my stuff places isn't because it's a soy candle, or a natural approach to skin care...it's because of the name and packaging.

I think if you're trying to cater to a younger crowd then ____ Girl is just fine, and you're right, older ladies who stumble across it and like it will probably still buy. Is _____ Woman not an option? Just makes it more general. Ultimately, it's your decision. Good luck with everything. I've looked at your purses in the photo section, very nice. I'd be interested, girl, woman or whatever...

Deanna got me thinking - here are some synonyms for Woman, in case that sounds too mature:

Synonyms female, lady

Related Words dame, gentlewoman; madam, madame, senora (or señora); beauty, belle, chick [slang], damsel, doll, gal, girl, ingenue (or ingénue), lass, lassie, mademoiselle, maid, maiden, miss, senorita (or señorita)

MM, that is what I was thinking. I have seen some cool names here on this board and some have nothing to do with their product but yet it works and they sell lots of product.

IMO- it is fun to go against the grain and name a product, item, etc. without always using the name of the FO, ingredients, or color. It kinda' adds a bit more to it! It forces you to stay out of the rut!

Good luck with what ever you decide. Post your secret name once it is YOURS! ;)

Maybe you could try instead of girl use gurl.. I'm not sure what the first part is so it might not make sense. I have a screen name for yahoo that I have it as gurl instead of girl, cause I didn't want people to assume that I was a teenager.

I have a screen name for yahoo that I have it as gurl instead of girl, cause I didn't want people to assume that I was a teenager.

I think using gurl screams teenager (no offense). If a product had girl in the name, I probably wouldn't buy it. My mom bought me some lotion & spray 2 Christmas' ago, it smelled okay, but I wouldn't use it because of the girl. I know I'm still young, but that just makes me feel younger.

I think using gurl screams teenager (no offense). If a product had girl in the name, I probably wouldn't buy it. My mom bought me some lotion & spray 2 Christmas' ago, it smelled okay, but I wouldn't use it because of the girl. I know I'm still young, but that just makes me feel younger.

LMAO...never thought about it that way, guess since I am turning 32 in May I want to relate as much as I can to being a girl without being a teenager.