Peaks Ocean Shampoo Bar ~ Curdled in the pot!

What's a girl to do?!

I barely had my box open of FO's I received, and decided the Peaks Ocean was going to be it! I had planned for weeks about this shampoo bar I wanted to make, after hearing rave reviews about this FO.

It wasn't meant to be that I made soap tonight! Everything was going wrong, right down to the soap splashing up in my mouth while I was mixing the lye water to the oils.

Anyhow when I added the FO (which I kept room temp) it curldled the soap right away! Shucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can even see the chunks in the soap!

So I did this swirl method I was so eager to try. I think I've got that down pat now, and understand how to do it......I just wish it hadn't curdled.

I'll post pics when I cut it tomorrow. Fingers Crossed!

oceanshampoobarsmall1lp.jpg

I think that will look so good once perfected. I hate this happened to you and have no idea how to help but know how bad it sucks to REALLY want to try something and it not go right the first time! Good luck! I am sure you will get it!!

When I soap peaks ocean , I add the fo to the wamed oils, I put my color in the warmed oils add the lye, it lumps right up, I stick blend the heck out of it and pour. I use it at 1 oz pp of oils. It is the only way I have ever done it cp and it always works. Sorry about you batch. I also never discount the water.

It will probably be fine...same thing happens with Ocean Mist from NG, it is very popular but man I have soap in the pot before the FO even hits the soap. I soap it at low temps, room temp lye, add FO to warmed oils etc but still misbehaves. I have just learned to be on my toes with this one. Oh ya, same with Blooming Tulps from WSP.

Your colors look great. I have never smelled Ocean but I can just imagine:cheesy2:

Peaks Ocean FO did the exact same thing to me. It's a shame too, because it's such a nice "soap" scent! I love the scent, and now just use it in my liquid shampoo because it rices EVERY time I try to use it no matter how I try to manipulate it into making a nice decent soap scent.

Your soap looks good though! I love the color blue you have going on. :)