Quick Followup Regarding Ron from FancyCandleJars

A couple of points here, as it seems the other thread was closed. He made two comments that really struck a chord with me. While reading this thread, I had been in negotiations with Ron on a couple of pallets of his jars. This thread turned me off and I emailed him about it. He responded with "Thanks for the advice."

This particular point struck a chord because he indicated on here that he happened to stumble upon this thread after reading fragrance oil reviews on here...WRONG. He posted for the first time shortly after I emailed him.

Second point that struck a chord was his description of his pricing. He KILLLLLLS you with freight, folks. He wanted to charge me around $350 for freight, on a pallet of merchandise which had less than HALF the number of jars that I was going to get at Jarstore, for around $200. That meant that his cost per jar was actually about 25 cents MORE than Jarstore, despite his bragging about his wonderful pricing.

This is always something to keep in mind.

Correction, I'm looking at my notes here. He wanted $250 for freight, which was 540 lbs (540 jars). Now, those who have done alot of business with freight carriers and pallets know that this is a TINY pallet.

Just to put it in perspective, the quote that I got from Jarstore, for a pallet of 9oz Bean Pot Jars, was $226, however, that is for 1120 pounds, and 1620 jars. It should also be noted that they lower their price by 20 cents per jar, by the pallet, where Ron won't lower it more than 5 cents, even if ordering by the pallet. My cost per jar, delivered, including freight, on a pallet of bean pots was $1.13 per piece. With Ron? $1.51.

Doesn't turn out to be much of a great deal, huh? Clearly, he makes money with the shipping. There is nobody who is going to convince me that it costs him $250 to ship a small pallet from Chicago to Miami. It should also be noted that I ended up ordering from the OTHER Ron, at Fairway, and my freight ended up being $227 for more than 1100 14oz frosted tumblers. And,t hose were shipping to me from Cleveland, OH.

Moral of the story? You can't always believe what you read. You also have to look at "hidden costs" like freight, which is what some of these guys will do to lure you into a false sense of getting a great deal.

Candle, thanks for sharing this.. I have a file started for my new candle friends to share my takes on certain suppliers.

I see the thread was closed probably due to it getting way out of hand.

I have to say one more thing.. I am sure many suppliers do this.Not only Ron, but thousands upon thousands others. Unfortunetly, there are many crooked suppliers and people out there that will take money for anything. I guess they call it " Business"

Now, I wonder if Ron will step in and clear this up for ya!

Christina

Interesting... I've not had to order a pallet of glass yet, but I'll keep this in mind when I do have to.

I'm still trying to figure out how come it cost SW $11 to fedex a single pound of oil to me, (yeah, I know better, really I do.) when I sent myself a 41 pound box from KY to LA for under $20. I've been told FedEx charges lean more towards volume/package size vs. weight... and that box from KY was bigger than a case of wax.

Rape I tell ya, rape.

Sara, I felt the truth on a couple of blatant, out and out lies, needed to be told, with the presentation of facts (as I did), as opposed to opinions. In no way was it meant to badmouth him, however, he misrepresented things that I've now proven not to be true. That was the only reason that I posted. Had he not gone on there and lied, I assure you, I would not have posted this information.

Guys there was a reason the other thread was closed. The horse is dead, leave it alone.

Amen sista. :wink2:

Shop around CC- and why would you buy a pallet of jars from ANYONE at this point? I am crazy, or did you just start out? That's one hell of an investment.

I don't know how anyone could do enough testing on a jar this quick and already have a wax mastered.

JP

You have facts all wrong. I posted the next day.

About the cost and the shipping you are not at all presenting what I quoted you. My e-mail to you follows

The best price comes in at 1,108 jars priced at $1.05 each. The total $1,030+ freight is $340. Divide $1,470 by 1080candle jars for an average cost of $1.30 each. That is the best I can do with the truckers. A smaller order of 540 came in very high. The lift gate issue to be dealt with here for a flat $100. or on YOUR side for whatever you can negotiate.You choose.

Ron Meyers

You or anyone else can always negotiate trucker rates with your local operators.Your weights are "misleading"as well. Each jar weighs about 1 lb.with packaging. You suggested 1,620 only weighs 1120 lbs. Somebody do the math. Last, the freight from Cleveland to Miami should be lower than my quote because Chicago is 400 or so miles farther away. Folks, I have made some unintentional mistakes but this is something different.

I don't have a problem with people posting their experiences with a supplier. It is generally helpful information. But there was an open thread on this same supplier that was closed for a reason - it got out of hand and enough was enough. You both said your piece now, so I will close this thread and hope things can simmer down.