How many do Home Parties ?

Brooke

Just wondering if many of you do home parties.

I have been asked about them.

I know how these are handled but I wasn't sure what kind of

demand or how popular they are.

I always seem to busy when I get a invite to a home party.

What is your thought on HOME PARTY in the future :rockon:

I know what kind of party I would like to have LOL *getdown* :confused:

Honestly- I have done these and yeah it is a good way to get your name out there BUT..and it is a big BUT they are very time consuming and the packing and unpacking, etc is a royal PIA. I made some money on them, sure, but for me it wasn't worth it.

I loved showing my products to everyone and they loved them too but the time factor and the packing and unpackign was more than I really wanted to do. The same with a weekly farmers market I used to do. Just not worth it personally. My time is valuable to me and these eat up alot of it. ANd you are right, folks are busy.

A good way to make sales is to do a catalog show. Have your hostess take orders for your candles etc and turn them into you. You can give her some samples to carry as examples. This is FAR easier on you. Trust me.,,lol

But, if you really want to try it, DO IT. Maybe it is just your style. Everyone is different and has different likes and dislikes.

One party I did around the holidays was over $500 in sales but after the gas, my time and everything was figured (and the fact that I had to dip 23 dipped bears which I despise beyond measure) I wished I had never done it..lol.

Thanks for your advice.

You are sure right about the time consuming and hard work that goes into

home parties.

I sold MaryKay products years ago and that was the same experience.

Packing, unpacking 3-4 hours every night and phone calls for bookings. yuk :tongue2:

I also went to a craft show last fall, again very hard work, packing and unpacking :rolleyes2

Don't get me wrong i am don't shy away to hard work it was just there wasn't a crowd there to make it worth the trip.

I love the catalog show idea.

Totally forgot about that option.

I will have to think about some ways to reward the hostess. With these ugly gas prices Catalog shows maybe the way to go !

:thumbsup:

Thanks again,

Brooke

They have worked out great for me. I just put all my candles back into the box that the jars came in, put them in my trunk, then set up at their house. I don't take all the candles out of my trunk. Just one of each.

Then i tell them about the candles and how to burn them properly then I take orders, go out to the trunk and get what I need.

Not too hard and worth the money.

Starting September, I have a candle party booked every other weekend till the first week in December. I take a good sampling of what I make in most scents and take mostly orders, which I deliver within 2 weeks. I've done this for the past 4 years and my lowest party was $350 and my best party was last fall $1,200.00 . I'm in and out usually in 2 hours and because I take mostly orders, I don't have a lot to lug around!! Very profitable for me so far!! :cool2:

Hi there! I did a few shows last Christmas and I made as much in 3 or 4 hours as I have at shows. My only problem, I'm not one to push it on my friends. My sister had one and then her MIL had one and that was it. If you are a bit more agressive or have people that are willing to do it for you I have found them great. The ones I did , people were busy because of Christmas so they just kind of dropped in through the times they were invited and shopped, I didn't really get a chance to do my speach but all was good. One thing I did do that I think really helped, when people came in I had bags with handles that I gave them and a price list. They went right to town filling their bags. They probably wouldn't have bought as much if they had to juggle it in their hands and it was all very casual.

Angela

I'd rather do a home party than a craft show any day of the year. A party is quick, in and out in a few hours, plus it's usually friends of friends, family, etc. A lot of fun, and you make as much money at a home party as you do sitting at a craft show. A craft show is an all day thing, and you aren't the only one there selling, so people are spliting their money with a lot of other vendors. Home parties are all yours, people are there to spend money on YOUR products. I'd say give it a try at least, you might be surprised. Good luck.