Joining in the fun....

Deb

I've been quietly lurking for months here, reading, researching, admiring, and doing my best to resist the urge to dive into all of this. I filled a three ring binder with research, just in case, but still held back not sure if I wanted to get into this B&B stuff. I was doing a good job of resisting, when my enabler, Mystical, stepped in bringing me some supplies and showing me how to create a soap recipe. Suddenly, my "extra money" was spent buying oils and a mold "just in case".

Well, I finally did it. I made soap this weekend! My first!! Granted, it's not a great looking soap, but damn it lathers and feels good. (I had to try a little piece!) And...best of all...it didn't eat my skin off! It's funny how scared I was to do this, and how many weekends I would decide to do it, then changed my mind. The thread urging Michi to "just do it" is what pushed me to finally try.

I have so much to learn still, but the best way to do that is to just experiment till I find what works! Now I have a whole list of new supplies that I just "have" to have. One damn batch and I'm hooked. Another "addiction", just what I need!!

The picture is crappy, I know. I have a feeling that a new camera isn't in my future though, because all of my money is going to go to B&B supplies!

post-36-139458399192_thumb.jpg

Kimberly....Thank you! I couldn't wait to take a peek at it, and was sooo thrilled to see gel! Somehow I thought it was just going to flop because the process wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be.

Freezin....The scent is Mac Apple from Peaks. I used it because I heard it worked well in CP and because it was something I had!!

Scented...Having an enabler in the neighborhood is great!! She inspires me to do these things...LOL!! She also inspires me to spend money with all of her great finds!

Thanks Mystical...now I feel official....LOL!!! I owe it all to you!! BTW, my horoscope today said that I need to watch my purse strings this week. And I will...I'll watch them open for the new stuff that I need (want)....LOL!!

Awe hon~ your too cute. :wink2:

But you give me WAY too much credit. You did that soap all on your own!

Plus you have been making body butters. See~ you just don't let on to peeps how crafty you are. But I know the REAL you! How lucky I am to have found you on CT. I can't wait for the other's to meet you at the Ohio conference.

If you hadn't explained that soap calc. to me, I'd never have even tried this. And you do inspire me, to search, research, and find the answers to my questions. I not only find the answers, but I find answers to questions that I didn't even know I had!! You are the Queen of Research, and I am learning to follow in your footsteps...LOL!!

I am SO looking forward to Ohio!!!