reeds

ILVCANDLES

I thought the DPG inhibited the scent throw as it was too thick to wick up the reed properly. I've been using perfumer's blend (The Chemistry Store or Snow Drift Farms carry it) at a rate of 2:1 (FO to perfumer's blend) and get a much better throw. As was already said, you have to test cause some scents just don't work well!! :cool2:

CandleCouture: I received a reed diffuser set as a gift, and your right, they only work in very small areas. I had it in my bedroom (which is on the large side) and could smell it only when I turned the reeds over to freshen them with the oil...and that only lasted for a short time. To maintain any kind of scent at all, you'd have to be constantly refreshing them. I personally wouldn't buy one of these, my tarts throw so much stronger and for long periods of time, plus I can change the fragrances often. However; if you're looking for a short-term freshen up in a small area, I guess they'd be all right...it all depends on what your looking for.

CandleCouture: I received a reed diffuser set as a gift, and your right, they only work in very small areas. I had it in my bedroom (which is on the large side) and could smell it only when I turned the reeds over to freshen them with the oil...and that only lasted for a short time. To maintain any kind of scent at all, you'd have to be constantly refreshing them. I personally wouldn't buy one of these, my tarts throw so much stronger and for long periods of time, plus I can change the fragrances often. However; if you're looking for a short-term freshen up in a small area, I guess they'd be all right...it all depends on what your looking for.

Reed Diffusers are just another non electric & non burning room freshener like smelly jellies are.

With my 12 reed diffusers they sent a small to medium room. I tell my customers to flip the reeds onca a day for better results also the more air flow around the reeds makes them work better.

I bought one from Wal-Mart to test & I can't smell it at all & it only has 6 reeds.

I bought one from Walmart too. I wanted to compair it to the ones I have been making. I read somewhere that DPG is too thick, then I heard it was ok to use. From my experience DPG works fine but the results didn't blow me away then again Walmarts reeds didn't either. Maybe someone uses something else that produces better results. Oh, I also tried Hexylene glycol and it works just as good as DPG.

• 5 months later...

I use hexylene glycol (sp). I've had one ounce going in our ladies room at work since June. It was scenting the whole front office when I put it in. Different scents work in different ways. The number of reeds you put in makes a difference, too.