GW474 Votive Result Thread

I poured mine this afternoon. I heated to 175, added Fo and 2 dye chips and poured at 150. The tops look smooth, but I had the same cracking around the wick so I did a second pour and am waiting for that to cool. Other than the cracks around the wick, it looks great. Just need to get that part ironed out.

Okay here is my report on the 474 and I have pics,,,I heated my wax to 170, added Orange Blossom FO by Snowtop, added half a orange dye chip. Poured @ 150, set box over to let cool slow,,, I also used wick pins and I sprayed molds with Canola and wiped out excess. I had no problems with getting them out of the mold or the wick pins. I got 1 that came out okay but has a lot of frosting,,,I have one with Cracking with a pit, I have another with pinholes and cracking,,hope my pics show all this. The Cold throw is awesome and I am going to go ahead and burn them. I like this wax well enough BUT it wont take me away from my 4625 as yet. ,,,I will wait for the Pillar wax GB hopefully will be getting out for testing soon,,,Thanks

post-437-13945840018_thumb.jpg

post-437-139458400183_thumb.jpg

post-437-139458400184_thumb.jpg

post-437-139458400185_thumb.jpg

Finally got to pouring my sample -

Heated to 180

added fo (9%)

no color

The temp had dropped a little so I gently warmed

back up to 180 as I wanted to pour at that temp.

Cooled on counter.

Smooth top, great cold throw, some frosting but

I don't color my soy so that is not an issue with me and it

wasn't that noticeable.

There was a small raised area next to the wick ( I

didn't have any wick pins).

One thing I did notice I tapped one on the counter to

loosen from the mold and the top did crack a little ( nothing

major). So I didn't tap the other one, it slipped out of the mold

with no signs of cracking.

Thanks, Jason.

Hello Jason,

I hope you don't mind my cutting in on this thread with a question about your soy waxes. I read somewhere on this message board that beeswax does not work well with Golden Brands waxes. Could you please tell me if that is true? I like to add about 2% beeswax to 100 soy wax to get smoother tops and would like to know if this will work with your 402 and 415S soy waxes. Does it cause frosting or some other problem?

Thank you,

Gail

• 1 month later...