Is this possible, and what would you do?

I don't know if it would be a sales rep, although I tend to doubt it...Having someone who just takes orders from you from their friends, family, co-workers, ect. but gets a commisssion for it.

I have a customer, (God love her) who orders every month for different birthdays, ect, and was thinking about how to approach her to see if she'd be interested in being a sales rep, but really don't know how to go about it, (AT ALL!!).

Would she have to purchase the candles up front, (I feel bad, she's a single mom who doesn't get child support, so money's tight).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Sara

Hey Christina,

Thanks for the alternate idea. I hadn't thougth about offering her the free stuff. I did ask her if she wanted to host a candle party, but she's been working (literally) days in a row, so she said it would have to wait.

I still don't know what to do about asking her to be a rep, or something like that, (and I've read every post regarding it...must be the blonde hair).

I just don't know what to do, and I so hate to be confused, but I do want to find some way to involve her. She's almost become like family; with my knee surgery, she was so sweet and cooked for me and hubby.

Still lost in a state of confusion,

Sara

I agree...this is a very nice thing to do. :) So this woman would not have to come up with any money...you could set it up that she would take orders from a catalog/brochure you gave her and would get the order money upfront from the customers she is selling to. She could then place the orders with you at a discounted rate and would pay you that amount (thus keeping the difference for herself). I have a few consultants (sales reps) that I do this with and I have them place their orders online and use a discount code. They do not have to come up with any money and can keep the difference as comission.

If you would like to have me explain better...pm me. :)

Hey Islandgirl,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn't get ya in the last post, we must have been typing at the same time.

That's what I was thinking. Even if she doesn't want to have the candles on hand, she can still take orders and get commission off of them.

How does that work for you?

Hugs to ya',

Sara

I think any way you go with this, you are only being the best you can be and helping out a great friend. You both are going to win on this either way.

Now- for you to go and approach her- JUST DO IT.. I don't have a master plan for ya other than JUST DO IT!!!

Let us know how it goes!

Christina

Hey Christina,

I know, it sounds to stupid, (but wait, it gets better...) around Valentines day, I had a couple of heart jars left over after my shows and thought about taking them to the florist/gift shop here in town. Drove the 2 minutes there, and sat in my car for 20 telling myself "I can do this". They loved them and took what I had left, (would approach them about my entire candle line, but they already have a candle supplier).

And now for the kicker...

THE OWNER IS MY NEIGHBOR!!! No joke, lives right nextdoor.

As I right this, it dawns on me that I have issues!!

I'm off to bang my head against a wall and (hopefully) fix whatevers wrong in there!

Thanks for everything!!

Sara

I agree...this is a very nice thing to do. :) So this woman would not have to come up with any money...you could set it up that she would take orders from a catalog/brochure you gave her and would get the order money upfront from the customers she is selling to. She could then place the orders with you at a discounted rate and would pay you that amount (thus keeping the difference for herself). I have a few consultants (sales reps) that I do this with and I have them place their orders online and use a discount code. They do not have to come up with any money and can keep the difference as comission.

If you would like to have me explain better...pm me. :)

This is how I work it also. You also need to be sure and tell her that the income is her responsibility to pay taxes on as you do not do that. Anyone that sells for you will need to fill out a 1099 and be responsible for the taxes themselves...of course providing they make $600 or more per year. Also the way I do it is give a brochure so that they can get orders from and if they need more brochures it is their responsibility to make copies of it..also state that it can not be altered in any way. A real good way to bring it up is when she orders from you next time you could say "you know you have been a very loyal customer to me and I want to offer you a chance to make some money while also enjoying your own candles at a discount." Something like that maybe. Good luck whatever you decide to do..I hope it works out well for you! Take Care. Amanda;)

I have a customer who is great!!! A single mom with two kids, trying her best to make ends meet. I have it set up with her that for X amount of candles she sells, she gets 1 candle. She loves this! Also, I let her opt for the cash. She gets the order together, she orders and I drop it off to her (she lives on my way to work) where she gives me the money. I just make sure she signs off on the invoice, and initials each scent/quantity ordered. Last time she ordered, it was for over $500 worth of candles, and usually her order runs about $250 at a time. Not bad!

I think it depends on your "feel" for this customer. I'm sure you'll come up with something!