• Pecan Pie
    • Toasted Marshmellow
    • Cinnamon Buns
    • Lemon Desserts (any)
    • Buttercream
    • Carrot Cake
    • Snickerdoodle
    • Strawberry Desserts (any)

None of these foody scents sell well for me. The strange part is, these are the types of scents that get the most interest. These are the scents everyone oohs and aahs at. But they never buy it...because they think it'll make them fat. Not directly of course, but indirectly they might get hungry and eat more.

None of these foody scents sell well for me. The strange part is, these are the types of scents that get the most interest. These are the scents everyone oohs and aahs at. But they never buy it...because they think it'll make them fat. Not directly of course, but indirectly they might get hungry and eat more.

This is exactly what my customers say. It's so frustrating because there are so many great bakery scents and they just won't buy them. However, they will buy anything floral or clean. :rolleyes2

Same here - all food scents. People say that burning them makes them hungry. They love the way they smell and the food scents are some of my best scent throwing candles. People like sniffing them but rarely do I sell them.

The ones that went the slowest aren't on there for me. Coffee was my absolute WORST seller ever. Bummer 'cause I love coffee. Lilac is another touch and go. Was doing well for a while and then fizzled out. Rose is another one. I had one person that pretty much bought me out on Rose soap, but otherwise they went very slowly (same with the candles). I still make them, though.

I can't give away bakery scents here in Connecticut...good for me because I don't care much for them myself...except for maybe one or two...but even then, they end up getting too sweet smelling and I never finish burning them. I'm sorry that I invested the money I did trying to satisfy those customers who I thought would want them...those pounds of fo will sit there until they go bad. What sells for me is B&BW dupes, Yankee dupes, Victoria's Secret dupes, perfume dupes, fresh, floral and fruit scents.

Very interesting, basicly all I can sell is bakery scents. They are very big here. I love them too, my only problem is they don't make them strong enough for me :drool: Can't handle flowery scents or purfumey scents ...Yuck...don't wear purfume either

Pumpkin because I could only choose one. However, I have a biatch of a time with the coffee's (which I LOVE:mad: ), any breads, pie's, cobblers ..... you get the picture. My customer's always comment on how wonderful they smell, and how much they love them ......... they just don't want to smell them burning all the time! :rolleyes2 Go figure!

I am in South Central Pa.

The only one that comes to mind is Indian Summer. Cant sell it. Banana Nut Bread and Carrot cake do well in the votives for me.

Wow, and I'm exact opposite! I had a hard time keeping Indian Summer in stock! Renamed as Louisiana Sunrise, I kept soap, pillars, containers, bath bombs, salts, and shampoo, and conditioner! And people bought one of each just to surround themselves in this scent!

Now, one scent I never sold a single item in was pink sugar!

I don't think I'd be able to sell marshmellow anything. I can sell baked good candles both nothing as sweet as Candy Corn Butter cream is a good seller for me at the shows but not in the stores. Same with Wedding Day! I can't give it away unless at a show! The Lemon Pound cake smelled great but the customers wouldn't by it over Sage Lemongrass.

But boy, I can't keep Amish Harvest in stock anytime of year! I could pour 100 candles of it and it would be gone in a week!

Pink sugur is good but it only sells so so for me. I'm going to take it of the list after this fall. But I think the pink Lemonade will go like gang busters. In fact, when I get the money, I have to get several morew pounds of it.

I can barely move a food scent - even in the fall and winter. My poplular ones are the florals and clean/fresh smelling fragrances. It's funny how many many men I get that love the florals. Also, it's the men that tend to like the food scents more than the women. I personally can't stand food smells so I don't have a problem with it.

I sell quite a few food scents but the biggest sellers are clean scents like Clean Cotton, Downy, or Spring Rain. I have never sold one Cornucopia candle. I think you either you love it or you hate it. Unfortunately for me, everyone around here hates it!

The few that I have trouble selling are: buttermilk pancakes, spiced orange, and fresh baked bread (off the top of my head). What really bugs me though is that I had people (family, friends) specifically request them and then never buy them! I quickly learned that just because one person wants it at one moment in time doesn't mean I need to buy a pound of it!