Beginner with a beginning problem

Ok, it's me again...I have made a few candles that turned out good. Now the last couple of times I poured my candles, I am getting cracks in the top and some of my tarts have like white looking blotches. I didn't have this trouble on my first few candles, what am I doing wrong now? I use astorlite J50 and also a votive wax. Same wicks that I started with. I poked relief holes and refilled and that helped some. But my first candles didn't need that done. H-E-L-P!!!:mad::cry2:

Boy, I am not sure why you would be having this trouble. I wouldn't think that you should have to poke relief holes in your container candles with J50. Has the weather changed recently? Are you candles near a draftly place while cooling? Same wax, not blending with another wax? One time I (on accident) I put container wax in my votive presto pot, so I mixed them and made 4 candles before I figured it out. They didnt work very well...: ). I am not sure about the white blotches on tarts, I have had them before with votives with certain wax, but never on tarts.

What temp do you heat the j50 to and what temp do you pour it? Do you pour it slowly into a container? Do you heat your jars? I've tried a few different containers and I'm getting the cracks on the top. Do any of you use those tongue depressing sticks with holes in them to secure your wicks? I don't think they are working for me. I want to get an ez wick system, I'm thinking. You guys are just great here, thanks so much! Dee