Betty Crocker Candles

Hi again all. Hope you're up to your ears in wax, soap and teddy bears....well..if thats what you want to be doing....lol

Just wanted to say that I bought a Betty Crocker candle last week and was quite impressed. It was the shape of the jar that first caught my eye, then the price. Literally a THIRD of what I would have paid for a Yankme. Not that I would even bother to pay Yankme prices.

Persoanlly I loved the Betty Crocker. Good scent throw, melt pool almost to the edge at the very top, and then reaching the edge as it burned lower.

Just thought I'd give a good review to a department store candle, especially in light of Yankme's high price/low performance record.

Oh yah, and that old Wood Wick topic just wont die:

http://www.candlefind.com/candle-reviews/christina-reviews/old-virginia-candle/old-virginia-candle.html

Hmmmm.... I've wondered how well those burn. Whenever I see one though, I keep thinking that there should be some free sample of cookie or cake mix, or something!

Nice to read a review of it here. ;)

I saw them last night at Brookshire's Grocery. I wasn't even tempted. However... several years ago, they did make a cake candle with 3 or 4 wicks that was to die for, and it smelled just like angel food or lemon cake. I have not seen one since, guess they quit making them or they aren't here.

I have one from christmas that I got and it is a chocolate chink candle and even after 3 to 4hrs of burning, I still din't have a full mp!!! But it does smell great cold and maybe hot if it would burn!! Be great if repeat business isnt an issue!! LOL!! Glad urs worked!!

I have a Betty Crocker candle, only lit it once and noticed that the wick was totally off center and the one side of the jar got extremely hot so I never lit it again. But I do have to say it had a great cold and hot throw. Mine is Strawberry and Cream.

Mindy :)