overdipping vs embedding

do you get the same effect with overdipping than with embedding a photo in a hurricane shell?

I read somewhere where someone just puts pic on with tacky wax (I think) and puts future floor polish over it??? that sure seems a heck of a lot easier than embedding??

is that what donita does to her baloon orbs, overdips? and does anyone know how to see the slide for instructions for that. the link brings you to a page to sign in?

thanks

I have tried the wax thing with the photos and then overdipping and it doesn't work on the photo ones. I got airbubbles behind the photo doing it this way. Haven't tried with the polish over it. Didn't know you could put floor polish over it.

I've never done either, but I just wanted to say that I believe Tucker was the one who did that, but I don't think he used floor wax, but I may be wrong! I think he glued the pics on and then sprayed it with Krylon clear finish. I have a can of it, but have never used yet. Got it at Walmart...it's a 12 oz can. Sorry can't help you with the other questions, I'm too new at this myself. Good luck!