To Rename or Not To Rename

Boy I don't if I can help it lol! My brain has been taxed enough.

I was thinking about renaming Lick Me All Over prior to the show we just did. Don't think I will, but what fun it was watching people sniff it. Had one person ask, "So does it work?" Our tent neighbors said we should say, "Yep, but only if you buy two."

I rename about 75% of mine - but a lot of them are blends I create myself, so I don't have to reach too far to rename it. The 25% that I don't rename are usually things like "Gardenia" or "Lavender", fragrances that are simple, straightforward single notes.

I rename anything that I think won't sell with it's current name. My customers are pretty cautious about buying anything with a wierd name, so I try to keep the name as close to being scent descriptive as possible. It reduces the choices of what I call the scent, but what can I do.

We will be renaming ours to "fire" sounding names. So blueberry will be Backdraft Berry, and baby powder will be The Rookie. And when I settle on a "spicy" scent, that one will be Code 3 Spice. Of course there are some that are giving me trouble like French Vanilla, Vanilla Mint, Fruit Slices.

Anyway, fun sounding names that still tell a little about the actual scent.

Scented LOL !!

I changed lick me all over to temptation for my G rated shows. I'm leaving monkey farts & butt naked alone ~ those 2 sell well because of the funny factor.

My seniors love the NG Kama Sutra scents. I renamed the KS line once & what a mistake that was! no Buyers!! As soon as I relabled it back to Kama Sutra instant interest :cheesy2: