Another draped layer...

BrySC

I made this candle for a friend of mine that's an LSU fan. (LSU's colors are purple and gold) It looks ok, but what do y'all think happened to that one corner? The other corners look fine, and this one just flaked away. I used vybar as the only additive. I cooled it in a water bath so the colors wouldn't mix.

post-3284-139458399139_thumb.jpg

post-3284-13945839914_thumb.jpg

Oh dear, that blows! :cry2: Too bad about the corner. I think there might be a number of possible causes, but since I have yet to have that experience, I'm not in a good position to offer any possibilities or cures. I hope you figure it out, though. Good luck w/ that!

Scented, you have a thing with those M's. I almost think you'd make a good Mariners fan. :highfive:

LOL! OK this one can be attributed to two days of meals at McD's. (Actually, it could be that angle in the pix lol!) Mariners? Oh man I'll have to think on that one ;)

Just saw the other pix with what looks like a scratched corner there. Did you try to hurry up the release at all? I get that sometimes when I push trying to get those candles out.

well wouldn't say I hurried it any...but it didn't come out easily, so I did have to pull on it pretty hard. I've found that the square, seamless mold I have gives me a hard time getting the candles out. The ONLY mold I have that does that. So maybe the pullling on it caused it to crush one corner.