Just Scents TAHITI SWEETIE peeee-eww

TexasBrat

Just got this yesterday. Yuck! I thought it would be good since it said it was a Bath and Body spa scent. Ick! I don't think I will be adding it to scrubs or bath and body. Has anyone used this in wax? I am not planning on making candles but am wanting to make melts so am wondering how this scent is in wax.

tia

I ordered a sample size of this because it sounded like it would smell pretty good, but when I sniffed it, didn't care for it at all! Glad I didn't buy a big bottle of this stuff! :eek:

I wasn't smart, I ordered 8oz. :sad2:
Don't get the Tahitian Daquiri either...it's dreadful! It smells like unbelievably sweet, syrupy marachino cherries...HATED IT!
Thanks for the tip.

I wish I knew how to explain why I don't like it or what I don't like. It has this weird bite to it that is just stinky to me. At first it smells okay but then this nasty scent lingers on. It can't be all that bad really, must be me or maybe it will be great in a candle.

Thanks Angela, it's good to hear that some oof are not good but great in candle/tarts. I'll post when I do, but that might be awhile.

I can wait, lol. I'm getting my own box of JS oils today to play with. I really have seen many oils take on new life in wax. I absolutely hated BC Spiced Cranberry OOB, but once in wax it was awesome and great for the holidays. There are quite a few that I try to at least put in a tart to see if I like it before I sell/give it away.

I put the Tahitian Daquiri in a tart, but it was still sickenly sweet. It could just be me though, since I don't like sweet, syrupy scents to begin with. For those that like really sweet scents, especially marachino cherries...this might be right up your ally. Or like someone else suggested, mix it with another scent to tone it down a bit. I had to mix monkey farts with mango papaya in order to like it just a little bit, because alone it smelled terrible to me.

I love the Tahitian Daiquiri. The cherry is more evident in bath and body, but the coconut seems to come through much more in candles.

I personally hate the Tahiti Sweetie, but bought a pound for my daughter who adores it. I've been testing IGI4786 since the J waxes have gotten so expensive and while I'm not thrilled with this wax so far, this scent had an awesome throw in it.

I also love the Tahitian Daquiri---it is wonderful in wax, great coconutty scent. I don't detect any cherry in this one, but every nose is different. We have been selling this one like crazy in our soy line. So get yours in wax before judging it ;)

So far I've had great luck with the Tahiti Sweetie! My take on the Tahiti Sweetie was that it was more of a spa scent than a perfume type....I promote it as an aromatherapy - feel good scent.

I can't smell the cherry in the Tahitian Daquiri - both of these oils have sold very well!

I haven't ordered from Tahati Sweetie yet because I'm not much of a floral kinda gal but I did recently order Tahititan Daquiri after getting a sample of it with an order I placed awhile ago and bought a lb of it because I liked it so much and I thought it would sell good this summer.

BRING ON THE TAHITIAN DAQUIRI!

I have tested the tahiti sweetie in pure soy with no success of a hot throw. I now have plans of using it in bath salts. I personally like the fruity smell whereas others are not to keen on it. Speaking of the Tahitian Daquiri, I only received a sample and the OOB smell I'm detecting is a coconut top note. If anybody has used the TD and can give their experience in soy, it would be interesting to find out before purchasing a lb. :)